Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scum Bag Vandal

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ScottK

Scum Bag Vandal

Post by ScottK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 am

Hello,

Only had my Z4M Coupe four days but some dirty scumbag has decided to dent the top of the wing in two places :thumbsdown: . It is only two slight creases that are slightly noticable. Clearly someone at work has done this as it's only ever been parked at work or on my driveway.

So my question is does anyone know of a expert in paintelss dent removal in the Surrey/Hampshire area? I am very reluctant to use Chips Away as I have seen there work before. I might try my local BMW dealer see who they use.

Any advice would be great.

So frustrated someone could do this to my car - or in fact anyones car !!!

senwar

Re: Scum Bag Vandal

Post by senwar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 am

Jesus christ - thats shocking mate - really sorry to hear that.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 am

petty jealousy - especially if it is someone you work with :thumbsdown:

never used a smart repair as Ive always done too much damage for them :oops:
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso

Ian_Mac

Post by Ian_Mac » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 am

Some smart repair people do offer a really good service, I'm sure someone will be able to recommend a decent company. Unfortunately you're a bit far from me. When i bought mine the dealer had a small parking dent removed from the door and you honestly can't tell now. There are some real jealous sh*ts about. :evil:
Mods so far : 3" stubby ariel, chrome exhaust tips, de-badging, clear side indicators, CDV delete, cruise, clear 3rd brake light, cup-holders, Z4M alloys. Sadly now gone!

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 am

really sorry to hear that, you must be gutted.

We noticed on the weekend when cleaning the carsthat somebody has scraped and dented the bumper on my girlfriends mini and just drove off. Probably a few hundred quid of damage and may even need a new bumper. There are some selfish people around, and deliberate damage is even worse.

My mate used to work for chipsaway and was very good. He did a few minor repairs for me. They are franchises so only as good as the individual, and their level of experience and quality of work. Having said that they aren't really dent removers.

Hope u get it sorted.
Z4 2.0i sDrive TVR Tamora Audi S3 Saloon

ScottK

Post by ScottK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 am

I have done a bit of Googling and found a company call Dent Devils, not heard any reviews about them though.

Will try my BMW Dealer Barons at lunch they reckon they have some ex Ferrari panel beater do their cars. But does that make him any good being ex Ferrari ?

Just worried that trying to get the crease out will make it worse than it is. Guess if they make it worse they will need to replace the panel at their cost.

So gutted !!!

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 am

Seems to me that vandalism is on the rise lately, 3 of my friends have had their cars vandalised in the past few weeks, 1 of them had a thousand pound pair of wing mirrors ripped of his Audi S3 and stolen! I've had my Z4 vandalised twice too. And it was only the other day when someone on here posted about someone keying all down the side of his Z4 :evil: Makes me sick how selfish some arseholes can be just because we have nice cars.

I've heard good things about Chips Away, i suppose it just depends on how good/experienced the person is that you would get.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:26 am

This vandalism is horrible. Sadly it may be an outward expression of the recession, by some folks who feel the need to take it out on any symbol of success, etc.

IMHO I would not go near to a smart repair company for the top of the wing. I have a hate of them at best, but on such a highly visible are it will never match. Not sure if the dents will simply press out, but if not, then find a good quality sprayer and have it done.

My wife decided to reverse our X5 into another car last week and the rear bumper was fixed and resprayed for £80, added another £50 to it to get the rear quarter sprayed where a shopping trolley had gouged it up, so not worth messing with anything less than proper spraying at those rates :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ScottK

Post by ScottK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 am

Paintwork is not damaged at all just a slight crease in top of wing so i need it pressing/massaged out.

no fit state

Post by no fit state » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:48 am

ScottK wrote:Paintwork is not damaged at all just a slight crease in top of wing so i need it pressing/massaged out.
Then a someone like dentdevils should be able to sort it no problem.
Z4MC Imola red

ScottK

Post by ScottK » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:51 am

Really nervous about them messing it up completely :cry: !!! Suppose they would not tackle it if they were not sure they could do it???

un1eash

Post by un1eash » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:59 am

Its amazing what a good dent remover can do. I use a guy local to me in leicester, he removed a dent on the front arch of our C2 VTS, i couldnt even tell where it was after.

I'm always worried about leaving the car out, luckily i have a garage for night and my work is in the centre of leicester so i use that carpark on weekends.

Really should get the MR2 taxed as its at a point where i dont care if it picks up a dent or two.

Mik

Post by Mik » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Sorry some nobs done your wing,you prob read my story earlier in the week. You know its funny(peculiar how obsessive we get with our pride and joys. I have owned a few decent sports cars now ,most of them 2nd hand but only 2 or 3 years old with a few thou on the clock and a few stone chips but when I bought a brand new renault van fresh oof the forecourt and scraped the bumper 3 days later I coul;d nt give flying suck. Like everyone says smart repair companies are as good as the individual you get on the day.....GOOD LUCK

etedlm

Post by etedlm » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 pm

scott,
im sorry that somones damaged your car :( i hope you can get it sort back to how it was :) iv'e heard of dent devils,when i had my scooby they were at all the shows taking dints out of peoples scoobys.
ps,its dave,i spoke to you on the phone a few days before you picked up your car.i bought one on thursday last week,shappire black,red leather,14500 mls on an 07.i love it to bits and i'll post some pics up soon :D

Zed_Steve

Post by Zed_Steve » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Its really hard out there for many who have been badly affected by the recession. But no matter how envious or jealous people are, theres no excuse to go out and damage other peoples pride and joys. What good does that do? Apart from keeping dent repair companies busy, one area of business doing well in this downturn i guess :)
Now - N/A

Then... E89 sDrive35iS(2012-2013), E89 sDrive30i(2011-2012), E85 3.0si Sport Roadster(2009-2011), Z3 2.8(2005-2009).