Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car cover?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
paul s

Re: Car cover?

Post by paul s » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:35 pm

coverzone storm force worked a treat on my slk 3 winters no scratched paintwork didn't blow off in the wind and the new owner of the car gave me £100 extra for it when I sold him the car. think there about £170 new :thumbsup:

paul_ozk

Post by paul_ozk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:18 pm

paul s wrote:coverzone storm force worked a treat on my slk 3 winters no scratched paintwork didn't blow off in the wind and the new owner of the car gave me £100 extra for it when I sold him the car. think there about £170 new :thumbsup:

Cheers - that's the stuff I had in mind. The Stormforce 4 layer breathable one looks similar to what i had before.

Tip :!: - I was going to buy it through the CoverZone web site (www.cover-zone.com) , where a version for a 2007 Z4 Roadster is listed at £173.50. But after last minute double checking (for closer look vids and pics) I found that www.coveryourcar.co.uk sell the exact same product for only £144.50. Odd that buying direct from the manufacture cost £30 more !? Have ordered one now.

Colour choice for the Stormforce product seems limited to grey, but seeing as the car is grey, can't complain !

Will post some pics once delivered and fitted
18-30 Fiat Uno > Supra Turbo (awesome) > 300zx Twin Turbo (awesome++) > Golf (mistake)
30-50 Esprit S4 (sanity restored) > Esprit V8 (awesomeness restored) > XC60 (oops) > Z4 3.0si (undecided)

seanaldinho

Post by seanaldinho » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 am

I just bought my 3.0si coupe the other week (quite an upgrade from my first car, a Mazda 3 :evil: ). Its been garaged its whole life but its new home is in my parents driveway directly under a tree. its already suffering so I need to keep it covered. The east coast weather in Scotland is unforgiving at times and this seems like a great option.

Let me know how the stormforce does and ill pick one up this weekend if its good.

paul_ozk

Post by paul_ozk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Car cover arrived this morning. very prompt delivery indeed.

Gave zed a good wash down first, and here's some pics of the cover going on.

Impressed with it for the price. Even comes with a decent bag to put it in. Breathable one and light, but feels sturdy. Perfect colour too !

https://goo.gl/photos/HqdCCLuMsKx9WnoY6

Not used the straps as it will only be on for a few days and no adverse weather forecast. For winter the straps looks just fine - even including silicon sleeves to cover the plastic catches.

Would certainly recommend it. And coveryourcar.co.uk for buying it.

Paul

edit* - updated link as previous broke
Last edited by paul_ozk on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18-30 Fiat Uno > Supra Turbo (awesome) > 300zx Twin Turbo (awesome++) > Golf (mistake)
30-50 Esprit S4 (sanity restored) > Esprit V8 (awesomeness restored) > XC60 (oops) > Z4 3.0si (undecided)

Rob_benton

Post by Rob_benton » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:06 pm

I've used a genuine Bmw full cover and a cabrioshield and both scratched my black paintwork how ever much I cleaned the car before fitting them. Black will show up scratches easier than lighter colours.

Let us know after a few weeks if you can see any marks on the paintwork.
2005 Z4 3.0 Black, Zhp gear knob.

Joemarsh

Car cover?

Post by Joemarsh » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:57 pm

paul_ozk wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 pm Car cover arrived this morning. very prompt delivery indeed.

Gave zed a good wash down first, and here's some pics of the cover going on.

Impressed with it for the price. Even comes with a decent bag to put it in. Breathable one and light, but feels sturdy. Perfect colour too !

https://goo.gl/photos/HqdCCLuMsKx9WnoY6

Not used the straps as it will only be on for a few days and no adverse weather forecast. For winter the straps looks just fine - even including silicon sleeves to cover the plastic catches.

Would certainly recommend it. And coveryourcar.co.uk for buying it.

Paul

edit* - updated link as previous broke
Hi,

Recovering this post from a while ago....... the cover looks like it could fit the coupe as it a quite well slanted ear the back. Do you know if the coupe and roadster covers are different?

Thanks

Joe
Current: Black Z4C 3.0si sport with all the toys :driving:
Previous: 2000 Z3 2.8L roadster; 1.2L Corsa (compulsory first car!)

csquire4

Car cover?

Post by csquire4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 pm

I bought one of ebay, about £25 . It works fine however there is only one strap that goes under the middle of the car to hold it in place so after a windy day it was all over the place.

So bought some ratchet straps from Screwfix (4 for £10) to hold it in place, one across bonnet, one across the boot with an old rubber car mat between the cover and the strap for protection. Works a treat until a get my garage built.
2004 3.0i, manual, toledo blue