Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car cover?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rolf-Dieter

Re: Car cover?

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am

cj_eds wrote:Does anyone have a car cover they can recommend for the coupe?
I recommend you purchase one from BMW for your car there is a lot of stuff out there that might give you problems. It will cost you a bit more, however, it is a cover you can rely on. I put 2 pictures on my web site. One I enlarged so you can see the special pattern that allows the car surface to breathe (remember everything does breathe) here is the link

http://web.me.com/solgain/Dieters_Trave ... age_4.html

one shows the cover on my M3 before I sold it. The cover has served me well for 10 years without any problems (some have been described in posts here) I used it on a 1987 535is restored, M3, Z4 2008 3.0is and now on my 2009 Sdrive Z4 3.5is

There are covers and then there are covers, so get the right stuff and you will not be sorry. Good luck in finding the right cover.
2012 M3 with all options. My Last Car was a 2009 BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Have a Great Day! ............... Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am

cj_eds wrote:Does anyone have a car cover they can recommend for the coupe?
I recommend you purchase one from BMW for your car there is a lot of stuff out there that might give you problems. It will cost you a bit more, however, it is a cover you can rely on. I put 2 pictures on my web site. One I enlarged so you can see the special pattern that allows the car surface to breathe (remember everything does breathe) here is the link

http://web.me.com/solgain/Dieters_Trave ... age_4.html

one shows the cover on my M3 before I sold it. The cover has served me well for 10 years without any problems (some have been described in posts here) I used it on a 1987 535is restored, M3, Z4 2008 3.0is and now on my 2009 Sdrive Z4 3.5is

There are covers and then there are covers, so get the right stuff and you will not be sorry. Good luck in finding the right cover.

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 am

Sorry for the quadruple posts, something seams not right with the web site .... very slow :headbang:

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 am

Hi,

Is that cover on your website for indoor only? I've read earlier on in this thread that some covers have damaged peoples paintwork (that is certainly something I dont want to happen). How much is a outdoor cover from BMW?
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

bigcoose

Post by bigcoose » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 am

i would't cover my z up if it is outside as you will not stop damage to the paintwork caused by the wind making it rub and grit getting in.i use an argos cover in my garage,it was only 17quid and it fits very well indeed almost down to the floor.its never caused any damage as its fleece lined.it keeps my z gleaming and free from dust so i think it was a top purchase :D
you're damned if ya do,you're damned if you dont!!!!

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:26 pm

sorry about the double post, system was slow.

Rolf-Dieter

Post by Rolf-Dieter » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Exactmax wrote:Hi,

Is that cover on your website for indoor only? I've read earlier on in this thread that some covers have damaged peoples paintwork (that is certainly something I dont want to happen). How much is a outdoor cover from BMW?
I only used it outside one winter prior to restoring the 535is. I would not use it outside on your Z4 I would invest in finding a garage for the winter months. It may cost you a bit, however, you should protect your investment.

10 years ago I think I paid over $300- Canadian for the cover. I only use it now in my garage for the winter time on the car I don't drive namely my Z4.

Yo need to contact BMW for a price or have a friend (or member here) get you one from a German BMW dealer. Good luck.

If you need to drive your car in the winter, perhaps you can erect an outside shelter you know what I mean something like this....

http://www.cover-tech.com/portablegarag ... 5wodQmIE5g

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Mon May 23, 2011 7:23 pm

i have just taken off my outdoor car cover, the wind is trying its best to rip it off :thumbsdown:

braingirl

Post by braingirl » Mon May 23, 2011 7:40 pm

maybe a bit controversial but...

...doesn't an outside car cover suggest that the car is left unattended for long periods of time?
which might suggest to certain unscrupulous members of society that it might be easier to tamper with (even if it isn't)? ...regardless of whether it has a big BMW logo or not.

that plus the potentially for marring has put me off the idea of an outside cover. (i use it regularly enough that hopefully trees won't have too much effect)
Z4 35is, 326M, White Design

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Mon May 23, 2011 7:44 pm

valid point

Taz stands back, looks to the left and thinks seriously :?

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:11 am

Come on Chaps, - Make this easy

Just post :-
1) A photo of it actually on your Z4,
2) The price
3) Indoor or Outdoor
4) The source to obtain it.
5) Briff Pos/Neg comments

I've been half looking for ages for an indoor and can't decide which to go for...

Cheers ! :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Ben.

Post by Ben. » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:23 am

Ben. wrote:I have the proper BMW "Indoor" cover for my Z4.
Fits like a glove. I purchased mine from another forum member but I think BMW still sell them.

Note: you can get "Indoor" and "Outdoor" Covers.

If you can't get the OEM cover, I have now got a couple from here: http://www.classicadditions.com/car-cov ... overs.html

They both fit really well

Ex-Z owner

AndyZ

Post by AndyZ » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:38 am

Hi. The only cover Ive had that works is the covercraft Noah cover which is several different layers that breathe, has a soft inside layer to reduce scratching and is waterproof. It was the most expensive one to buy (about £250 in the uk - I got mine from the usa for less) but I've had no problems at all, unlike some of the cheaper options that I tried previously. The covers are tailored to your cars shape.
Try this:-
http://m.ebay.com/itm/330852730772?cmd=VIDESC
M4 competition - OOOoohhhhhhhh Yes!
Z4 35is e89 - gone
Jag F-type coupe R (RWD) - gone
Z4mc e86 - gone
M3 e92 - gone
Z4 3ltr e85 roadster - gone

karenhenry04

Post by karenhenry04 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 am

I also using car cover for my car which has good material quality and resistivity.

:)

paul_ozk

Post by paul_ozk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Number5 wrote:Come on Chaps, - Make this easy

Just post :-
1) A photo of it actually on your Z4,
2) The price
3) Indoor or Outdoor
4) The source to obtain it.
5) Briff Pos/Neg comments

I've been half looking for ages for an indoor and can't decide which to go for...

Cheers ! :thumbsup:

Found this post doing some research for an outdoors car cover for me new precious. Just to re-iterate what Number5 said - any feed back (pics, links to uk web sites) on a decent outdoor cover ?

Last time I bought one was for my Esprit V8 - think it was from these guys (http://www.prestige-carcovers.co.uk/) good heavy duty, three layer job. Would prefer a light weight one.

These guys https://www.classicadditions.com/car-co ... hable.html have a lightweight one for the Z4 but would prefer some feedback from current owners.

Looking for a UK sourced, UK web site or similar (other than above). Surely someone's got one they can comment on ? Not indoors, not the BMW one - just a decent quality one to dress Zed for the winter...

thanks
18-30 Fiat Uno > Supra Turbo (awesome) > 300zx Twin Turbo (awesome++) > Golf (mistake)
30-50 Esprit S4 (sanity restored) > Esprit V8 (awesomeness restored) > XC60 (oops) > Z4 3.0si (undecided)