Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Intermittent pad warning light

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
LeeME3

Post by LeeME3 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 am

Will eventually get round to doing the front pads this weekend...but bizarrely on the way in to work this morning the pad warning light was out, came back on 3rd or 4th time I touched the brakes then went out again.

I thought that it was triggered by the contact breaking and therefore, once on, would stay on!

Or have I misunderstood the system? Either way I'll be changing the pads but just intrigued!
2003 Z4 3.0i
Done: DIY Aux cable, stubby, sound generator foam delete, gaptech, brodit pro, M wheels, ditched RFTs
To do: Steering wheel audio.

VvrooomM

Post by VvrooomM » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 am

Normally metal on metal I think but once gone it needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z4MC midnight blue with CSL's + VREDs, extd light sepang leather, folding mirrors, stubby aerial, retro bluetooth, prof nav, intravee ipod kit, storage and cup holders!!, laser LRC100, DSP hi-fi, storage and privacy.....is that it?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Intermittent pad warning light

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 am

It checks if contact of the sensor to disc is made over a period of time else would flash on and off constantly as an initial partial contact was made.

Pads are worn out and a new sensor needs fitting.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

LeeME3

Re: Intermittent pad warning light

Post by LeeME3 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Ta, that's Saturday morning sorted then!
2003 Z4 3.0i
Done: DIY Aux cable, stubby, sound generator foam delete, gaptech, brodit pro, M wheels, ditched RFTs
To do: Steering wheel audio.