Sorry I don't have pics, but here a DIY I wrote up...
BMW Z4 Oil change (Performed on a 2003 BMW Z4 2.5i)
1. Start with hot engine as oil will drain faster.
2. Put car on blocks, jack stands, etc. ***DO NOT work under the car with the jack supporting the vehicle! The jack may fail! This central point is a good spot to jack the car. Then you can put jack stand on both of the jack points.
3. Using the 36mm socket, loosen the oil filter housing to let air in and allow all the oil to drain out of the housing. Don’t remove the filter yet as you’ll have a mess. However, the top portion of the housing can actually be completely loosened and if you don’t remove it, oil won’t spill. (If you don’t do this step, approximately 0.5 quarts of dirty oil will be trapped in the filter. This will add to the clean oil later and will end up giving you 7.5 quarts of oil when finished.)
4. Loosen the oil cap to ensure air can get in.
5. Loosen the panel that reveals the oil drain plug.
6. Loosen drain plug and drain oil into receptacle for disposal. There will be a copper washer on the drain plug. This can be discarded as a new one should have come with your new filter. Be sure to let all the oil drain out before continuing.
7. Now remove the oil filter housing and replace filter and o-ring.
8. Insert the new filter and o-ring into place and reinstall the filter housing. You don’t need to crank it super tight…just snug.
9. Install the new washer that came with the filter on the drain plug and reinstall the drain plug.
10. Fill with 7 Quarts bmw oil or Castrol Syntec 5w-30 oil (cheapest at Walmart in 5 quart containers for about $20)
-7 Quarts Oil, BMW or Castrol Syntec 5w-30 oil oil (cheapest at Walmart in 5 quart containers for about $20)
-36mm socket (Get a 6 point instead of a 12 point as the 12 doesn’t grip on plastic cap very well and may end up stripping it). I purchased mine from\
-“300” series filter, available from www.germanfilters.com
I used Mann HU 925/4 x (BMW part number 11 42 7 512 300)
Supercharged Metallic Grey 2003 2.5i Z4 roadster, Sport, Premium, convenience, DICE Ipod, tinted winows, xenon, heated seats, clear bra, Falken FK452s, Supersprint Race Exhaust, modified CDV, ESS TS2 Supercharger