Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hardtop prep

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Davespeed3

Hardtop prep

Post by Davespeed3 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 am

Hi, first post for me, I'll do the intro stuff later :oops: My G/F has just bought a 3L Z4 smg and I'm already finding this forum to be of immense help...well how else do I look like an 'expert' :wink:
Just a quick question for now re: hardtop prep, any truth in the rumour that all UK spec cars come already prepped for hardtop? and if not, how can I visually check if a car is prepped? I realise I can check at a dealer using the build spec' for the car concerned but I'm in a bit of a hurry, hence the early morning post :) Thanks in advance

Dave.

epbrown

Re: Hardtop prep

Post by epbrown » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:03 am

All UK/European cars come prepped. There should be two receptacles for the hardtop posts located in the tonneau area on your car, under two plastic covers (one on either side).
Z4 M Coupe Production, 2006-2008
Coupes, Worldwide: 4,275, North America: 1,815.

JBZ4

Post by JBZ4 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:11 am

Welcome, I have some other pics else where on this forum on installing the hardtop prep kit. This is a very easy install. I have seen discussions before where the Z4's shipped over the pond do have the recievers installed, someone will pipe up. Here is a pic on what you will see if you have them. The circular part with the hole is what you want to see. I have more pics but I have to search.

JBZ4

Post by JBZ4 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 am

epbrown wrote:All UK/European cars come prepped. There should be two receptacles for the hardtop posts located in the tonneau area on your car, under two plastic covers (one on either side).

Thanks epbrown. :thumbsup: