Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cigarette Lighter problem ?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
easty027

Cigarette Lighter problem ?

Post by easty027 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Hello All.

my cigarette lighter doesnt seem to work anymore which makes it a real pain in the a$$ to use my radar detector, sat nav etc. I have taken out the centre console section and checked underneath for loose wires etc but everything seems to be intact. When i press in the cigarette lighter into the socket it clicks in then pops out as it should do but there is no heat on the cigarette lighter.

Is there a fuse for the cigarette lighter ?......if not does anybody have any other ideas that i could look into.

Thanks in advance.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cigarette Lighter problem ?

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Yes there is a fuse, and i'd say odds-on that's what has gone. The fuses are located up behind the glove compartment. You have to detatch it slightly, then it flops down and you can get at the fuses.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:54 pm

I believe the one you are looking for is number 5, a 15A fuse:

Quite why the Ozzy's have a different cigarette lighter fuse setup I don't know.... bigger cigarettes???)

If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

easty027

Post by easty027 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 pm

sp3ctre wrote:I believe the one you are looking for is number 5, a 15A fuse:

Quite why the Ozzy's have a different cigarette lighter fuse setup I don't know.... bigger cigarettes???)

Thanks a lot for that, i will check tomorrow.

Cheers

bras0782

Post by bras0782 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 am

2004, 53 plate, 3.0 Roadster, Sterling Grey

Gerard Anderson

Post by Gerard Anderson » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:01 pm

easty027 wrote:Hello All.

my cigarette lighter doesnt seem to work anymore which makes it a real pain in the a$$ to use my radar detector, sat nav etc. I have taken out the centre console section and checked underneath for loose wires etc but everything seems to be intact. When i press in the cigarette lighter into the socket it clicks in then pops out as it should do but there is no heat on the cigarette lighter.

Is there a fuse for the
e cigarette lighter ?......if not does anybody have any other ideas that i could look into.

Thanks in advance.
I need a fuse for my lighter. Still I am searching but can not find my specific one. If anyone have any information then please inform me. I need antic shop for it ;)
Last edited by Gerard Anderson on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wa'ya

Post by Wa'ya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 am

Just a little heads up, I was having the same problem, it very well could be the fuse but if the lighter is popping up I bet your fuse will check ok. I removed the whole unit to do my garage door mod and found the connector to the lighter socket was covered in the green & white corrosion you find on a corroded battery post. I took some baking soda a drizzle of water and cleaned the connections with a brass brush and my lighter s working like a charm now.

Yep got a :whip:

nfarmer

Post by nfarmer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 am

Gerard Anderson wrote:
easty027 wrote:Hello All.

Is there a fuse for the cigarette lighter ?......if not does anybody have any other ideas that i could look into.

Thanks in advance.
I need a fuse for my lighter. Still I am searching but can not find my specific one. If anyone have any information then please inform me. I need antic shop for it ;)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Disconn ... 35c93e505f

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:29 am

Hey Gerard - welcome to the Forum :thumbsup:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net