Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorry I don't know the car Jay-SP.

But that is a pretty reasonable price from a dealer if the car all checks out.

I like the blue interior, and FWIW it has the optional parking sensors and Multi-Function Steering Wheel.

Good luck with your search.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

gerryp

Post by gerryp » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:08 pm

The blue interior does look well with the silver exterior.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:Sorry I don't know the car Jay-SP.

But that is a pretty reasonable price from a dealer if the car all checks out.

I like the blue interior, and FWIW it has the optional parking sensors and Multi-Function Steering Wheel.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the reply. I really like the car, wasn't sure about the silver and blue until I saw it in the flesh, but it does work well.

The car looks good, I think someone has attempted to clean up the wheels, but they could do with a refurb. No dents or curb marks, just surface corrosion that I think has been smoothed down a little and painted. They look great until you get in close. I can forgive it that though, it's almost 10 years old after all. Besides, think it would look great with some M3 CSL wheels :)

I didn't drive it, going back tomorrow with a mechanic friend to give it a once over and drive. If it checks out, I think I'll probably take it.

I'll also be looking to upgrade the stereo, would like something that I can play music from my phone. Does the business stereo have an aux in by any chance? On that note, are the standard speakers any good? My E46 stereo is woeful!

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 pm

gerryp wrote:The blue interior does look well with the silver exterior.
I agree, wasn't sure until I saw it in the flesh though.

biojo

Post by biojo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

looks identical to mine that apart from ive sat nav

I def wouldnt sell mine for 9k lol

biojo

Post by biojo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 pm

the aux socket should be above DSC/Heates seat buttons is on mine

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:53 pm

biojo wrote:looks identical to mine that apart from ive sat nav

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but I take it you all rate these cars?! My e46 pretty much hasn't missed a beat in the 9 years I've had it, hoping this will give similar reliability if treated well.

I just need to figure out if I can get my mountain bike in the back next :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:29 am

Jay-SP wrote:

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but I take it you all rate these cars?! My e46 pretty much hasn't missed a beat in the 9 years I've had it, hoping this will give similar reliability if treated well.

Hi Jay, I just put the Reg. No. into the BMW Warranty site and it seems the VIN is LF68769. This link might work, but if it doesn't Google is your friend! http://bimmer.work/query.php. Anyway you can check the VIN is right when you see it again!

Using VIN checker it comes up as having some other options:- Cruise control, Xenon headlights (a real bonus) and storage package (basically nets on the back of the seats and in the passenger footwell)!

According to that site it has the standard BMW business stereo, which my current one has. Previous Coupe had the 10 speaker Professional one that could make your ears bleed, but to be honest in a small space the standard one works for me - I prefer listening to the engine anyway in the Z4 - especially as mine has a non-standard (as in louder) exhaust!

And it should have a 3.5mm Aux. input on the bottom of the dash just above the climate controls.

It probably will cost a bit more than an E46 to run (I've also had a 325 Compact for a couple of years) but if you drive it hopefully you will appreciate why it may be worth it!

Can't help you with the bike question from personal experience, but I am sure someone on here found it worked with just the front bike wheel off.

Happy hunting!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 am

Mr Tidy wrote:
Jay-SP wrote:

Hi Jay, I just put the Reg. No. into the BMW Warranty site and it seems the VIN is LF68769. This link might work, but if it doesn't Google is your friend! http://bimmer.work/query.php. Anyway you can check the VIN is right when you see it again!

Using VIN checker it comes up as having some other options:- Cruise control, Xenon headlights (a real bonus) and storage package (basically nets on the back of the seats and in the passenger footwell)!

According to that site it has the standard BMW business stereo, which my current one has. Previous Coupe had the 10 speaker Professional one that could make your ears bleed, but to be honest in a small space the standard one works for me - I prefer listening to the engine anyway in the Z4 - especially as mine has a non-standard (as in louder) exhaust!

And it should have a 3.5mm Aux. input on the bottom of the dash just above the climate controls.

It probably will cost a bit more than an E46 to run (I've also had a 325 Compact for a couple of years) but if you drive it hopefully you will appreciate why it may be worth it!

Can't help you with the bike question from personal experience, but I am sure someone on here found it worked with just the front bike wheel off.

Happy hunting!
That's a really useful tool/website, thanks :) The Xenon's are a real bonus, my current e46 headlights are terrible - looking forward to actually being able to see at night!

Good to know that the standard head unit isn't too bad, I was thinking that I may end up changing it. The car has bluetooth prep, do you know if you can play music through that, or is it just for phone calls?

I've no doubt that it will cost more to run than the e46 oil burner, but from what I've read, for a performance car it's fairly economical.

I've found a bike rack that will apparently work, so if it doesn't fit in the back, I do have options. It's a £500 option though!!

http://birdautomotive2.com/

Thanks again for your input, and if I buy the car today I will update later and post pictures when I pick it up.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:01 am

The stock BT prep is for calls only, although if you don't use the CD changer, a BT audio adaptor can be plugged in using those connectors, an means the steering wheel controls should work controlling the source music,
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:00 am

Quick reply for Jay-SP, a number of us have installed Parrot Bluetooth devices, I'm sure if you have a quick search you'll find the posts I'm referring to. I luckily had one installed upon purchase. It's got the old school 30 pin ipod connector, plus aux, and bluetooth function. So can happily play music through whichever media I choose! Also handy for taking calls! :lol:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:06 am

markplant wrote:The stock BT prep is for calls only, although if you don't use the CD changer, a BT audio adaptor can be plugged in using those connectors, an means the steering wheel controls should work controlling the source music,
It doesn't have a changer, do you know if it will still have the wiring for a changer? Or are the connectors on the back of the head unit?

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:07 am

kis wrote:Quick reply for Jay-SP, a number of us have installed Parrot Bluetooth devices, I'm sure if you have a quick search you'll find the posts I'm referring to. I luckily had one installed upon purchase. It's got the old school 30 pin ipod connector, plus aux, and bluetooth function. So can happily play music through whichever media I choose! Also handy for taking calls! :lol:
That sounds like it could work, would keep the dash looking stock as well, which I consider a bonus. I'll take a look at forum posts about it.

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 am

Jay-SP wrote:
kis wrote:Quick reply for Jay-SP, a number of us have installed Parrot Bluetooth devices, I'm sure if you have a quick search you'll find the posts I'm referring to. I luckily had one installed upon purchase. It's got the old school 30 pin ipod connector, plus aux, and bluetooth function. So can happily play music through whichever media I choose! Also handy for taking calls! :lol:
That sounds like it could work, would keep the dash looking stock as well, which I consider a bonus. I'll take a look at forum posts about it.
Found it, here :thumbsup:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50 am

Jay-SP wrote:
markplant wrote:The stock BT prep is for calls only, although if you don't use the CD changer, a BT audio adaptor can be plugged in using those connectors, an means the steering wheel controls should work controlling the source music,
It doesn't have a changer, do you know if it will still have the wiring for a changer? Or are the connectors on the back of the head unit?
Mine plugs in at the back of the head unit in place of the 2 CD changer plugs
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted