Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

leather trim - Update - with pics, page 4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Nice Job. :thumbsup:

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:42 pm

That's looks brilliant.

What don't you like about it?

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 pm

From the pics the re trim looks very nice :thumbsup: And all at an incredible price too :o

I'd like to actually see it in the flesh, are you attending the Welsh meet or Zed fest this year?
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Quality looks amazing for the money! Very stylish too. If it were me I wouldn't be satisfied with the raised seams and would ask the guy whether he can emulate the flush appearance of the ///M or Alpina leather dash trim, but that could be just a personal thing. Nice job. :thumbsup:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:08 am

The flush appearance is achieved through skivving - basically you use very sharp blades (although I've seen someone using a dremmel) to thin the leather backing for areas which are folded, stitched or joined to allow for flatness.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:27 am

That looks really good. But more importantly are you happy with it?

Blackbeauty

Post by Blackbeauty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Late comer to this thread as I've only just joined the forum (only bought my E89 a couple of months ago)

Really interested in having some work done to my interior and although I can't see the photos (I'm struggling with this Photobucket malarkey) the comments seem really positive about this Barnsley bloke's work. I'm from Sheffield so he'd be practically on my doorstep. Can anybody point me in the direction of his website/address whatever.

Many Thanks

Roy

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 pm

Blackbeauty wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:58 pm Late comer to this thread as I've only just joined the forum (only bought my E89 a couple of months ago)

Really interested in having some work done to my interior and although I can't see the photos (I'm struggling with this Photobucket malarkey) the comments seem really positive about this Barnsley bloke's work. I'm from Sheffield so he'd be practically on my doorstep. Can anybody point me in the direction of his website/address whatever.

Many Thanks

Roy
Photo bucket wanted to start charging, so the person with that account can probably see them but when linked to a web page they stop it, do lots of old posts no longer show photos, you can now add photos directly in to your post, there's a button towards the bottom of the page,
Also if your interested there's a breakfast meet, near chatsworth on Sunday 3 Sept
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Blackbeauty

Post by Blackbeauty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks for the info and heads up Mark (?)

Sadly my classic rock band have a gig the night before so they will probably still be resuscitating me in the Hallamshire Hospital on the Sunday morning!

Any idea on the Barnsley trimmer guy? My web search can only identify Alpha Auto Concepts near Denby Dale

Cheers Roy

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Blackbeauty wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm Thanks for the info and heads up Mark (?)

Sadly my classic rock band have a gig the night before so they will probably still be resuscitating me in the Hallamshire Hospital on the Sunday morning!

Any idea on the Barnsley trimmer guy? My web search can only identify Alpha Auto Concepts near Denby Dale

Cheers Roy
Roy try sending a pm to the op of the thread I think you now have enough post for this function to work, an if you do , don't panic about the message sitting in your outbox, it will show there until it has been read
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Blackbeauty

Post by Blackbeauty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Many Thanks

Usel

Post by Usel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Am quite sure these are the pictures in the original post that I saved.
IMG_1018_zpsozlhum5r.jpg
IMG_1018_zpsozlhum5r.jpg (113.92 KiB) Viewed 849 times
IMG_1018_zpsozlhum5r.jpg
IMG_1018_zpsozlhum5r.jpg (113.92 KiB) Viewed 849 times
Attachments
IMG_1020_zps219d3thg.jpg
IMG_1020_zps219d3thg.jpg (113.52 KiB) Viewed 849 times

maxman

Post by maxman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Blackbeauty wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm Thanks for the info and heads up Mark (?)

Cheers Roy
When I tried to get some work done at the start of the year he never got back to me.
I have his brothers tel number and name,he works with the guy at w/e
Neil 01709 529952.He owns a Sandwichbar.
Hope this helps.
I had the work done at Cheshire Auto Trim,they are based in Warrington.Check their website.

Blackbeauty

Post by Blackbeauty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Thanks Maxman.

Bit strange that he didn't get back to you but I suppose there is always the possibility of personal circumstances. Will deffo check out Cheshire Auto Trim...what did you have done and were you entirely satisfied with the work? I'm a bit precious about my Z and dread the thought of somebody taking the job on and then b*ggering it up!

Cheers

Roy

Blackbeauty

Post by Blackbeauty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Usel...thanks for photos