Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I got a new zed!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
faz_b

I got a new zed!

Post by faz_b » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello Hello!

So im back again! Some of you may remember this car: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77526&hilit=faz

I had that one for only a few months then got a job offer in Dubai so had to sell it. Turns out I should probably have kept it as unfortunately I lost my job there about 6 weeks ago so now I'm back in the UK.

Decided this time round that I didnt want to do as much work to the car (famous last words...!) so I should probably pick a better base to work with...and boy did I find one!

Went a LONG way to pick this beauty up today:

07 3.0 si roadster, only 75K on the clock for the tidy sum of only £6600:

spec:

all the usual 3.0 si bits
piano black trim
M sport seats, heated, electric and memory
M sport steering wheel with multi function
18" MV2's with decent tyres all round (although I may sell these)
FSH
roof motors changed 2 years back
vanos work done
2 keys
MOT till next year
AC blows ice cold
Next service not due for another 12000 miles

Car was near Newcastle so I had 4 hour drive back to London, not only did it not miss a beat, this one feels a HELL of a lot tighter than the last z I had. plus that extra 30 odd bhp seems to make a monumental difference - its extremely quick and engine is smoother than butter. super impressed with it thus far!

Pictures are pretty poor as they are off the advert. Will get her cleaned up and take some more.

List of things to do thankfully no where near as extreme or large as the last Z:

HID lights and LED bulbs all round
Bluetooth kit
New Wheels (thinking CSL or VMR reps in 19 or poss BBS)
black grill
swap the silver lights for black ones (if anyone here is interested in that let me know!)
ZHP shifter

Other than that - just to enjoy driving her! :)
Black '07 3.0si manual / aero skirts / matt black 19" Hub alloys / black grill / ZHP / piano black trim / Red leather sport seats

srhutch

I got a new zed!

Post by srhutch » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:47 pm

Looks nice and a good price to.

Welcome back :thumbsup:

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

I got a new zed!

Post by paddy wright » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Welcome back- lovely looking z! :thumbsup:
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

I got a new zed!

Post by RickRob » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Why would you buy a car locally when you can buy one that involves a decent drive home?

Hope that it is everything that you want it to be.

Enjoy :driving:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Kap'nZ4

I got a new zed!

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:03 am

Makes me wish I lived across the pond. I would love those rims on mine.

Great looking ride. :driving:
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

I got a new zed!

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:38 am

That looks great & £6600 is a snip , easily allows for some light modding :oops: happy days :driving:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

David-H

I got a new zed!

Post by David-H » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:03 am

Nice find! :driving:
BMW Z4 3.0i auto ¦ Titanium Silver
107's : Drexler LSD
BMW M6 Gran Coupe ¦ Black Sapphire Metallic
DCT box with competition pack
Audi R8 4.2 Quattro¦ Grey metallic
6-speed manual :driving:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

I got a new zed!

Post by buzyg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Looks like a cracker. 8) Welcome back.

faz_b

I got a new zed!

Post by faz_b » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks All. :)

HID's and interior/exterior LED light replacements were all done today along with a clean and wax. Bluetooth kit going in tomorrow.

updated pics will follow once I've done tomorrow. quite chuffed I found one with the piano black, saves faffing around with leather on the dash all over again! lol!
Black '07 3.0si manual / aero skirts / matt black 19" Hub alloys / black grill / ZHP / piano black trim / Red leather sport seats

S3NYR

I got a new zed!

Post by S3NYR » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 pm

Looks like you got a great car at a great price! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

rosskins

I got a new zed!

Post by rosskins » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Bluetooth kit going in tomorrow
Are you sure it does not already have the factory kit - I can see the microphone on the steering wheel. But please do not trust me on this! Lovely car in beautiful condition! Needs an original BM stubby 8) and drilled fogs :)
Current: F-Type AWD V6 & M135i
Before: ZR3.0si, 525d, 325ti, 120d, A3-2.0DSG, 323T4x4, MX3-V6, 2CV, MetroVP, Mini850
Zed was fitted with: None run flats, Stubby, Cruise, Intravee, DrilledFogs, WiredCam & 326s

faz_b

I got a new zed!

Post by faz_b » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:08 am

rosskins wrote:
Bluetooth kit going in tomorrow
Are you sure it does not already have the factory kit - I can see the microphone on the steering wheel. But please do not trust me on this! Lovely car in beautiful condition! Needs an original BM stubby 8) and drilled fogs :)
Definitely not. It's prepped for Bluetooth I think but doesn't have a bit module. I'm putting in a new stereo which will have DAB radio, USB in the glove box, Bluetooth hands free calling and Bluetooth A2DP audio streaming. Have got an adapter as well which will retain the oem steering wheel controls with the aftermarket unit as well.

All in with the DAB aerial, wiring harness, facia adapter, steering control adapter and head unit is costing me 320 fitted. :)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

I got a new zed!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:36 am

Welcome back OP! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the job. :(

But every cloud, etc. - so at least you have another Z4, and the 3.0Si is pretty entertaining! And I love that red leather 8) - plus the price seems very good, so worth a bit of travel for a good Z4!

I didn't go as far as you, but I went from Sandhurst to Portsmouth for my first Z4, then up to the Rugby area for my second!

The further you go the longer/better the drive home! :lol:
Last edited by Mr Tidy on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

I got a new zed!

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:40 am

Kap'nZ4 wrote:Makes me wish I lived across the pond. I would love those rims on mine.

Great looking ride. :driving:
Kap'n - I'm just curious but as an aside, are 135M/MV2 rims that hard to find in the States?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

faz_b

I got a new zed!

Post by faz_b » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:29 pm

well, storming progress this end...

already done all the following:

HID dipped beam
LED interior bulbs all round
LED number plate bulbs
ZHP shifter
Pioneer DEH-x8700DAB installed (with no less than four adapters required!) retaining steering wheel controls Image

Next thing is wheels... and this is where I am unsure what to go for. Thinking perhaps something BBS LM reps or something like VMR (cheaper version though, cant afford £1600 on the wheels alone right now!)

thoughts and/or recomendations? open to either 18" or 19" and would quite like something with perhaps an anthracite sort of colour.