Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Group buy for GapTech?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Greg 01

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Greg 01 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi guys .
At £85 it's a bit more than its worth to me as it's already been said I have the key lowering function. :thumbsup: for effort though .
That said I will keep an eye on this and will jump in when they bring the cost down .
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 pm

I think we should see how Chris gets on before people decide to buy or not. Winters coming so no big rush to get these I wouldn't have thought. I don't mind holding on for now.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Sorry I failed :(

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Chris_D » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:58 pm

brazenskies wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
brazenskies wrote:Yeah I fully expected it wouldn't be too attractive really.

For the effort required to build a big group across forums I'll just pay the full price :)
Want me to take this over? Wouldnt mind giving it a shot and putting some effort in. Taking some time off from working atm so i wouldnt mind seeing where it could go....
Pm me some details and i'll suggest plan to widen the catchment if we can geta more palatable discount from gap-tech.
I'm used to dealing with suppliers in the nuclear industry and have always managed to bring in projects and programs under budget. Mainly by constricting ridiculous supplier margins. They all crumble in the end if ur hard enough with them :D
Absolutely if you want to. I have a 2 year old and a 9-5 so extra time for anything else is limited for me :(

I got as far as the guy, Gary, offering the 10% discount and that was that. If you want to pick it up with him with more attractive numbers then just mention that Greg had been in touch from this forum and you were picking it up.

Good luck :)
OK. I'll make contact with him.
It would be handy to know wha tthe extent of your communications with him have been, so I'm not going in cold etc.

Would suggest everyone who is currently interested to indicate what they think a fair price to pay would be, inc postage costs. This would form part of the offer by 'us' and help establish a starting point for negotiations.
Obviously, there is a 'value for money' principle for us that will be in direct competition with their profit margin and negotiating this is where it gets interesting. Once this is determined I will contact other forums to seek widening the potential catchment, proposing the purchase price that we establish here, but taking into account potential extra shipping/import cost factors for overseas buyers.

Please advise via this thread your indication of a fair price, keeping it to a simple single figure please.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by enzed4 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 pm

To all those saying they don't need this because they can already put the roof down with the key fob:
When you stop the car, get out, click the key 3 times and walk away, as the car locks and the roof and windows go up by themselves, you'll think the Gaptech+ was worth every cent :lol: .
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Chris_D wrote:
Would suggest everyone who is currently interested to indicate what they think a fair price to pay would be, inc postage costs. This would form part of the offer by 'us' and help establish a starting point for negotiations.
Obviously, there is a 'value for money' principle for us that will be in direct competition with their profit margin and negotiating this is where it gets interesting. Once this is determined I will contact other forums to seek widening the potential catchment, proposing the purchase price that we establish here, but taking into account potential extra shipping/import cost factors for overseas buyers.

Please advise via this thread your indication of a fair price, keeping it to a simple single figure please.
As low as possible really, but I would be happy with £75 all in.
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Greg 01

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Greg 01 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Enzed 4 I bet you wait and watch it though eh :rofl:
I would be in a £75 all in . :thumbsup:
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by enzed4 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

Greg 01 wrote:Enzed 4 I bet you wait and watch it though eh :rofl:
Dammit, how did you know? I just can't do that cool 'walk away from the explosion without looking back' routine. I always take one look back to make 100% sure the roof's on and the windows are up :roll:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

STUBOY2UK

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by STUBOY2UK » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am

£75 delivered and I'm in.

The closing thing doesn't appeal to me, I'd prefer to know that everything has shut properly so may as well stay in the car!
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Smartbear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:45 pm

When it starts raining just before the lights turn green, that's when the gaptec is worth the money-the one touch function is so much more user friendly :thumbsup:
These were over £100 not long ago, don't be mean :wink:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Jakeclayton

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Jakeclayton » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm in when I pick up my z4 tuesday just have 400 left to pay and she's mine

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Chris_D wrote:
brazenskies wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
Want me to take this over? Wouldnt mind giving it a shot and putting some effort in. Taking some time off from working atm so i wouldnt mind seeing where it could go....
Pm me some details and i'll suggest plan to widen the catchment if we can geta more palatable discount from gap-tech.
I'm used to dealing with suppliers in the nuclear industry and have always managed to bring in projects and programs under budget. Mainly by constricting ridiculous supplier margins. They all crumble in the end if ur hard enough with them :D
Absolutely if you want to. I have a 2 year old and a 9-5 so extra time for anything else is limited for me :(

I got as far as the guy, Gary, offering the 10% discount and that was that. If you want to pick it up with him with more attractive numbers then just mention that Greg had been in touch from this forum and you were picking it up.

It would be handy to know wha tthe extent of your communications with him have been, so I'm not going in cold etc.

Any more news on this Chris ?
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Chris_D » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 pm

firebobby wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
brazenskies wrote:

Any more news on this Chris ?
Well, I was hoping for a few more responses to my poll on a fair price in this thread tbh. However, i'll make contact later in the week with them and a revised proposal - not taking a 'confirmed number of potential buyers at x price point' but more 'if we get this many confirmed buyers can you do at x price?'
Weaker strategy but lets see. Would still prefer to get a firm number of buyers and will focus on bimmerfest and bimmerforum responses first.....
Dont worry, i'm still on this.....keep checking back....
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

StanM

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by StanM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm in if you can get it down to £75 but may still be interested if less than £80
2011 E89 sDrive23i M Sport Highline Edition, Alpine White, Coral Red Leather, 326M, Stubby

2004 E85 2.5i
2001 E46 320Ci
2000 E36/7 2.0i

Jakeclayton

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Jakeclayton » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:03 pm

I'm in for under £80