Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Group buy for GapTech?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:01 pm

STUBOY2UK wrote:
brazenskies wrote:
bluespit wrote:potentially in - ball park price?
No idea at all. It's already a steal at £89 to be fair so not expecting much, but we shall see
Do you really think it is? I'm always surprised at what people are willing to pay for things.

I think £95 (delivered) is really expensive for what it does, and that's with the 25% saving!

Maybe I'm just a tightarse :rofl:
Hello tightarse :rofl:
To add to this, are they only for the Z4 ? if so, there is a dwindling amount of cars without this fitted I would have thought. So will they want to be shifting stock, just a thought?
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm

Rally wrote:Definitely interested
You need a proper aerial 1st :poke: :P
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

ZedFourM

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by ZedFourM » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:07 pm

enzed4 wrote:I strongly recommend you bin the supplied connectors and either solder if your skills are good, or just use crimp connectors (e.g. bullet connectors) as they're more secure and you don't want to be doing the job twice :thumbsup:
100% agree. ScotchLocks are the devil's invention - they cut part-way through the existing wiring (often to the point where it can no longer carry the current that it was meant to), and eventually stop working due to the vibrations they receive in a car.

It's not difficult to solder the connections and use heat-shrink sleeving (or self-amalgamating tape) on them - the resulting connection will last as long as the car.

It's no coincidence that no vehicle manufacturer in the world uses ScotchLocks when they build a car.
STUBOY2UK wrote:I think £95 (delivered) is really expensive for what it does, and that's with the 25% saving!
I had to pay nearer £300 for the SmartTop module for my M3 (GapTech don't do an M3 version), and I was very happy to pay it.
Philip

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Still no response from Gap Tech I'm afraid :(

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I've secured a discount of 10% if we can get a minimum of 10 people together.

That would bring the price to £80.99 (plus the fiver for delivery)

If you're genuinely interested at that price please send me a PM and I'll get a list together.

Greg

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:18 pm

firebobby wrote:Me too
STUBOY2UK wrote:Count me in if it goes ahead :thumbsup:
will365 wrote:I'm in.
G600 wrote:Count me in
McDade wrote:In
NeilP wrote:I'm down!
RickRob wrote:I'm interested if a good price. Thanks
Rally wrote:Definitely interested
patriot66 wrote:I would definitely be interested in this. Count me in also please. :thumbsup:
bluespit wrote:potentially in - ball park price?
Sky-drive wrote:Add me as interested too please - how easy are they to fit?
StanM wrote:I'm in if the price is good.
Greg 01 wrote:I could be interested if price is good :thumbsup:
Chris_D wrote:Yeah, count me in as interested if discount is good.
See previous post...

While the discount isn't massive It's unlikely we'll get this any cheaper at any point

bluespit

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by bluespit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:20 pm

I'll pass, but thanks for the effort
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Chris_D » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:53 pm

I'll pass too for now thx. Thought the discount would have been a bit better. Theyve offered this at 85 before if i'm not mistaken?
What about going all out and suggesting 60 -65 quid all in? I reckon ur list would grow a mile long for owners willing to buy at this price.
Their cost price will prob be minimal as its capitalising mainly on a bit of clever coding packaged in minimal hardware. Theyd still make a tidy return on say 40+ sales from us here on the forum. Possibly a lot more sales...

I'd be asking what they would do on confirmed orders for 50 upwards...... That could then become a buyer motivator for people on here and other forums perhaps of they come back with a significant discount.

Do i sound a bit like del boy? Lol
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Yeah I fully expected it wouldn't be too attractive really.

For the effort required to build a big group across forums I'll just pay the full price :)

srhutch

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by srhutch » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:10 pm

firebobby wrote:
STUBOY2UK wrote:
brazenskies wrote:
No idea at all. It's already a steal at £89 to be fair so not expecting much, but we shall see
Do you really think it is? I'm always surprised at what people are willing to pay for things.

I think £95 (delivered) is really expensive for what it does, and that's with the 25% saving!

Maybe I'm just a tightarse :rofl:
Hello tightarse :rofl:
To add to this, are they only for the Z4 ? if so, there is a dwindling amount of cars without this fitted I would have thought. So will they want to be shifting stock, just a thought?
Think we will be made to order, or cost pennies to make so can afford to have them lying around.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by Chris_D » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:24 pm

brazenskies wrote:Yeah I fully expected it wouldn't be too attractive really.

For the effort required to build a big group across forums I'll just pay the full price :)
Want me to take this over? Wouldnt mind giving it a shot and putting some effort in. Taking some time off from working atm so i wouldnt mind seeing where it could go....
Pm me some details and i'll suggest plan to widen the catchment if we can geta more palatable discount from gap-tech.
I'm used to dealing with suppliers in the nuclear industry and have always managed to bring in projects and programs under budget. Mainly by constricting ridiculous supplier margins. They all crumble in the end if ur hard enough with them :D
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by firebobby » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Chris_D wrote:

Want me to take this over? Wouldnt mind giving it a shot and putting some effort in. Taking some time off from working atm so i wouldnt mind seeing where it could go....
Pm me some details and i'll suggest plan to widen the catchment if we can geta more palatable discount from gap-tech.
I'm used to dealing with suppliers in the nuclear industry and have always managed to bring in projects and programs under budget. Mainly by constricting ridiculous supplier margins. They all crumble in the end if ur hard enough with them :D
Got to be worth a go :thumbsup:
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Mini 1000 1981

STUBOY2UK

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by STUBOY2UK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:53 am

ZedFourM wrote:
STUBOY2UK wrote:I think £95 (delivered) is really expensive for what it does, and that's with the 25% saving!
I had to pay nearer £300 for the SmartTop module for my M3 (GapTech don't do an M3 version), and I was very happy to pay it.
Yeh you ///M drivers are all millionaires though, £300 is pocket money to you :rofl:
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

STUBOY2UK

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by STUBOY2UK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:04 am

I'm out at £85.99 I'm afraid.

It's only really the one touch function I want because I can lower the roof using my key button anyway, so may as well just get the basic one for £55. If the discount had been a bit bigger, say £75 inc delivery, I'd have chucked the extra £20 in and gone for it.
Z4R 3.0si Sport auto. So far: 19" CSLs, Eibachs, MM exhaust tips, de-badged rear, stubby, black grilles, spacers, aux cable, interior LEDs, LED boot strip......

brazenskies

Group buy for GapTech?

Post by brazenskies » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Chris_D wrote:

Absolutely if you want to. I have a 2 year old and a 9-5 so extra time for anything else is limited for me :(

I got as far as the guy, Gary, offering the 10% discount and that was that. If you want to pick it up with him with more attractive numbers then just mention that Greg had been in touch from this forum and you were picking it up.

Good luck :)