Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What's the worst that could happen? (bike rack)

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 pm

beanitos wrote:Hi TomK

First time took quite a while as I experimented with all the possible locations to mount it. The channel down the center of the Coupe roof limits the options but still plenty to play with. Now that I'm happy with where to put it, I can get from everything off to rack on and bike attached in less than 5 mins. Removing takes literally 30 seconds.

Used it three times so far. Very stable, very useful and I'm sure the flexibility to transfer to any car will come in handy.
Thanks beanitos, sounds good :thumbsup:
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

philbo909

Post by philbo909 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:02 pm

Was thinking of going to the forest of dean soon for some proper biking.
It was fine on the previous roadster, e46 and citroens, not sure that the glass on the coupe would survive a trip with a bike or two, opinions?
might have to get the seasucker talon instead, as I'd prefer to keep it out of the boot as the dog won't appreciate that!
"I don't need a practical car, I haven't got kids"
DSC_0553.JPG
DSC_0553.JPG (208.99 KiB) Viewed 492 times
DSC_0552.JPG
DSC_0552.JPG (181 KiB) Viewed 492 times
DSC_0554.JPG
DSC_0554.JPG (138.38 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Sapphire black z4 coupe 135,000miles young

beanitos

Post by beanitos » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm

Want to buy mine?

Sold the bike and Zed goes into 2 year hibernation this week
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | Heated Champagne Leather | Nav | CSLs | Stromung | RPI Intake | Black Grill

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm
Viren wrote:Are they safe, not sure I'd want to be driving behind a car with one of those fitted.....
It will be fine as long as the surfaces are clean and the suckers aren't scratched. I used to film with some quite large rigs at some rather high speeds and never had a problem. On one trip around Europe I attached 3 cameras on the outside of a Lamborghini Diablo VT in very high temperatures. I wasn't going to be around to monitor them which made me nervous so i gave them instructions that they should be taken off when not in use and to check them regularly especially if hooning on the Autostrada. I saw the drivers that evening to retrieve my kit when they told me that the suction mounts had been on all day and they came very close to the cars top speed!!!!

I'll try to dig out a larger piccie, this one has a tripod on the roof, hooning through Cheddar Gorge.

Yet one is not allowed to fit a GoPro on a race car using the suckers as you know Dave :roll:

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Yup, although roll cages at least make fitting much easier. :thumbsup:
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.