Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How much to replace o2 sensor ?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
rhapsodicboom

Post by rhapsodicboom » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:17 pm

Ive seen quiet a few threads about lambda sensors playing up. How much should it cost to replace them. Ive had to changer the one before the cat not sure what bank that is. But been quoted £230 by the mechanic just for the part from BMW ?

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Yeh sounds right.ive got 1 gone after cat bank one
Bin quoted similar by Darren woods (indi).they can supply a bosch one for about £170.+fitting
Gasp.
M

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

About right from BMW. Post cat expensive fitting due exhaust needing to be dropped, but less likely to fail. Pre cat about £100 for BOSCH and you can DIY easily.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

rhapsodicboom

Post by rhapsodicboom » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:22 pm

So I had one of my sensors changed and have the engine light again saying another one has gone...

Fault code :11422
Heater of lambda sensor bank 1 after catalyst
Faulty signal function.

Mechanic told me there's 4 sensors 2 before and 2 after. I'm trying to find which sensor I need from eurocarparts can anyone help with the sensor product code or which one I need to get. And is this something I can change myself?