Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What have you done to your car today?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:19 pm

LewisB wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:51 pmI had a gearbox oil change a few weeks ago at TWG, I do feel it's made a difference. What do you reckon?
It's too early to tell as I haven't been anywhere since I drove it home! Hopefully it will feel a bit better, but if nothing else it should help with longevity. :wink:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Suspension finished! Rear trailing arm bushes done, after rounding the threads on the eBay tool I ended up having to cut it out and fashion my own, pain!

Also flushed the brakes using a pressure bleeder for the first time... my god it was so easy!

CDV deleted too, and the clutch feels significantly better now.

A hard day with mishaps and delays, but worth it! Sat watching tv and a beer in hand now so all is good.

Bad side, the car drives bloody awful now due to track rods being a fair bit out!! Booked into Nigel Langs on Monday morning to get that sorted though.

Next on the list is gearbox and diff oil, when I can be arsed with doing more work rather than enjoying!!!

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Wheel alignment done today, decided to reduce the rear camber to M specs. It was miles out on all areas as I expected due to replacements, but now its like a new car to drive!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:57 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:19 pmLewisB wrote: ↑Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:51 pmI had a gearbox oil change a few weeks ago at TWG, I do feel it's made a difference. What do you reckon?

It's too early to tell as I haven't been anywhere since I drove it home! Hopefully it will feel a bit better, but if nothing else it should help with longevity.
So, a quick update as I did nearly 100 miles in my Z4 today and what a great day it was! :driving:

Maybe I've got more used to the ZHP I fitted just over a week ago or maybe the gearbox oil change is responsible (or perhaps a bit of both with a bit of wishful thinking added to the mix), but the gearchange definitely feels like it has a smoother action than before so I'm glad I had it done.

I might get a bit more insight towards the end of the year when I get it done at the next service for my E46 daily (although that needs new bushings as the change has gone a bit "baggy"). We'll see. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Claret

Post by Claret » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Geared myself up to upgrade the Disa, and replace with the I6 bits n pieces.
Parts arrived...
Got the unit off........only to find it was an upgraded unit and brand new give or take a month - wish the guy had mentioned this to me when I bought it - so no need to replace anything, just a very quick clean - happy days.
I6 bits on their way back for a refund.

:D :D

domsz4

Post by domsz4 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:39 pm

what i do most days. ride past it on my bike
Proud Whip owner ;)

DaveZ4richardson

Post by DaveZ4richardson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Walked past it in the garage as I put a pizza in the freezer :rofl:
DaveZ4richardson :thumbsup:
3.0i 2003 E85 auto cruise control, smart top module.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Checked the neighbours aren't looking. Then a cheeky hand bail of the famous "bird bath", post thunderstorm.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 pm

MrPT wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 pmChecked the neighbours aren't looking. Then a cheeky hand bail of the famous "bird bath", post thunderstorm.
Brilliant - I've never tried that, but I'd always get spotted anyway as we have a retired curtain-twitcher whose living room faces directly towards where I park my Coupe! (Plus it's still p*ssing down here). :(
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:09 am

Open the bootlid and it clears it completely without attracting attention. :wink:
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 am

Today i will be taking her for the MOT not expecting any issues but you never know,then picking up some 3 ton extra long car ramps in a lovely shade of canary yellow. :D
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

indeep75

Post by indeep75 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 am

Seized bonnet release fixed, not an uncommon problem it seems. A thorough clean and a healthy dollop of lube and she's as good as new :oops: Also front bumper realigned following a broken bracket (had to enlist my local garage to help out with that one).
Z4M Coupe Silver-Grey / Light Sepang Leather Extended / Piano Black
Gone: Z4M Coupe Silver-Grey / Imola Red / CSLs
Gone: Space Grey E89 28i

https://www.instagram.com/indeep75_

dan yeates

Post by dan yeates » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 am

Swapping headlight bits to figure out what was wrong with my lights. Now waiting for new xenons bulbs to arrive! Hope to put it back together again tonight. :driving:
Front Bumper Removed.jpg
Front Bumper Removed.jpg (127.16 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

Chris1981

Post by Chris1981 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Steve84N wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:09 am Open the bootlid and it clears it completely without attracting attention. :wink:
That's my method... although I may look a bit suspect when nothing goes in or comes out when I open it! Also satisfying to see the tardis like space we get in boot of a coupe! :thumbsup:
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Steve84N wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:09 am Open the bootlid and it clears it completely without attracting attention. :wink:
That would involve entering the house to get the keys, and then coming back out of the house to open the boot. Too much effort.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone