Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Number of Z4 cars left in the UK!?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Interesting...

What's your take on Zs going up in price as they get older? I'm pretty sure they'll go up in the next 5 years. Many of them are being neglected and crashed. The less left the harder to get, the harder to get the more can be asked. :?
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Ewazix wrote:
buzyg wrote:I take all such stats with a large pinch of salt. :wink:
51% of stat's are bogus :wink:
To be precise the figure is 50.732%. :wink:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

Theog

Post by Theog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm

nice stats @stevo

I swear at least 1 in 10 z4's i've seen have been MR/ MC. I would have thought that there would be more than just 950. Perhaps the Ms just get out more hahah

Theog

Post by Theog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm

DMC63 wrote:Interesting...

What's your take on Zs going up in price as they get older? I'm pretty sure they'll go up in the next 5 years. Many of them are being neglected and crashed. The less left the harder to get, the harder to get the more can be asked. :?
I'm no genius but if you're looking for a fast car, say ~6sec mark, and you want a two seater, maybe convertible maybe not. Then there isn't much else on the market for the price of our cars. S2000's are only getting rarer, and my brothers is currently maintaining its price. Mazda does a good job, but really quite underpowered in my opinion.

Also, if you look for any cars on or below ~5sec then the M zeds are by far the most economical cars out there.

Unless newer cars come out with similar stats, i guess it will stay in our favour!?

I know 0-60 isn't all that is important, but these are the searching terms for a lot of sites (autotrader/ piston heads etc) so I guess that drives demand to a certain extent.

Also, I maybe bias here, but BMW as a brand is quite formidable and often referred to as true driver's cars. However they haven't created many 2 seater convertibles. And in my opinion (bias) the E85/e86 is one of the best looking 'affordable' two seaters out there. I would have it over any of the newer designs. I personally think bmw looks went down hill after ~2010, so on styling alone i think they are timeless.

What I don't understand is that when you hear people referring to BMWs they always refer to the same M3's. Never is the Z mentioned. Is it just me or do the zeds get left out, or do they simply have inferior handling/ feel? (i've never drive an M3 fyi).

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Ewazix wrote:
buzyg wrote:I take all such stats with a large pinch of salt. :wink:
51% of stat's are bogus :wink:
The precise figure is 51.37%.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

DMC63

Post by DMC63 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 am

Theog wrote:
DMC63 wrote:Interesting...

I'm no genius but if you're looking for a fast car, say ~6sec mark, and you want a two seater, maybe convertible maybe not. Then there isn't much else on the market for the price of our cars. S2000's are only getting rarer, and my brothers is currently maintaining its price. Mazda does a good job, but really quite underpowered in my opinion.

Also, if you look for any cars on or below ~5sec then the M zeds are by far the most economical cars out there.

Unless newer cars come out with similar stats, i guess it will stay in our favour!?

I know 0-60 isn't all that is important, but these are the searching terms for a lot of sites (autotrader/ piston heads etc) so I guess that drives demand to a certain extent.

Also, I maybe bias here, but BMW as a brand is quite formidable and often referred to as true driver's cars. However they haven't created many 2 seater convertibles. And in my opinion (bias) the E85/e86 is one of the best looking 'affordable' two seaters out there. I would have it over any of the newer designs. I personally think bmw looks went down hill after ~2010, so on styling alone i think they are timeless.

What I don't understand is that when you hear people referring to BMWs they always refer to the same M3's. Never is the Z mentioned. Is it just me or do the zeds get left out, or do they simply have inferior handling/ feel? (i've never drive an M3 fyi).

Totally agree on the styling of the E85. After that they started to mess things up. Take the rear lights on the facelift. What were they thinking? The list goes on...
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold