Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Nutella - some pro pics

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Kap'nZ4

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:49 am

Being a photog, the images look a lot washed out and dry.

Your pro could have made them look nicer. (shrugs)
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:00 am

JINGLE wrote:Looking lush! My arches

And I reckon he might have a trick or 2 up his sleeve for performance if his bodywork plans are anything to go by!! :fuelfire:

Excelent carswith this much body work usually are show cars. That was all I was getting at. Well I am as keen as mustard to see what happens next.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 am

synthedup wrote:
LBZ4 wrote:
synthedup wrote:Looks awesome :thumbsup:

Whats happening where the front bumper connects to the wing? Doesn't seem to look right to me. :|
i think its just the shadowing on the pic with the wheel in it doesnt 100% line up because we had to really flare the arches out to make the wheels fit under them so theres like 5mm difference for the pull but yeah it looks like my wing is broken in that picture.. might request the pics un edited haha

Oh right cool, I thought that the plastic bracket was missing but that probable due to the flare
hey thanks matey, the brackets are missing actually ! maybe that would help me pull them up a little bit. any idea what I search or to buy just them two bits? :) thank you

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:50 am

Machine monkey wrote:It really has turned out well congratulations nice to see a project start and actually finish. :rofl: :thumbsup:
Do you have an performance plans? I am guessing your probably not.
waiting for the engine to go and dropping an RB25 into it. couldn't warrant the price for an RB26 when the 25 will no doubt need to be tuned for the car anyway :) .. but lets see how it feels when I reach 70k might be worth just biting the bullet and saving for a supercharger but I recon il speak to you before I 100% go ahead with engine work lol

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 am

LBZ4 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:It really has turned out well congratulations nice to see a project start and actually finish. :rofl: :thumbsup:
waiting for the engine to go and dropping an RB25 into it. couldn't warrant the price for an RB26 when the 25 will no doubt need to be tuned for the car anyway :) .. but lets see how it feels when I reach 70k might be worth just biting the bullet and saving for a supercharger but I recon il speak to you before I 100% go ahead with engine work lol

Engine swap all day long buddy. look at a 1uz v8 you can buy kits to mount BMW gearbox straight to them.

Supercharger kits are a little to easy. Make it stand out like the body work :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 am

Machine monkey wrote:
LBZ4 wrote:

Engine swap all day long buddy. look at a 1uz v8 you can buy kits to mount BMW gearbox straight to them.

Supercharger kits are a little to easy. Make it stand out like the body work :thumbsup:
:poke: haha we can be friends

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am

LBZ4 wrote:
synthedup wrote:
LBZ4 wrote: i think its just the shadowing on the pic with the wheel in it doesnt 100% line up because we had to really flare the arches out to make the wheels fit under them so theres like 5mm difference for the pull but yeah it looks like my wing is broken in that picture.. might request the pics un edited haha

Oh right cool, I thought that the plastic bracket was missing but that probable due to the flare
hey thanks matey, the brackets are missing actually ! maybe that would help me pull them up a little bit. any idea what I search or to buy just them two bits? :) thank you

From memory they are about £27 each from the stealer :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 am

LBZ4 wrote:
Machine monkey wrote:
LBZ4 wrote:

:poke: haha we can be friends
They will also respond very well to forced induction with only head bolts and and head gaskets.

si-forks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by si-forks » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:31 am

I really don't get why people feel the need to criticise lowered or stanced cars they look so much better than standard tractor wheel arches, as long as you can still drive it and enjoy it who cares just wish I had the money to put mine on air :thumbsup: the Z looks absolutely amazing love every inch of it top job
E85 Z4R 3.0si 2006 current:
Audi A3 saloon TFSI DD
Harley Davidson FLH 1969

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 am

si-forks wrote:I really don't get why people feel the need to criticise lowered or stanced cars they look so much better than standard tractor wheel arches, as long as you can still drive it and enjoy it who cares just wish I had the money to put mine on air :thumbsup: the Z looks absolutely amazing love every inch of it top job
haha thank you man, always nice when others can appreciate the build. As for the stance, low, stretch thing. From experience it will forever be a divide - i don't think it really upsets people as much as they make out but still probably a bit of a head scratch for people who do use the car to enjoy a nice drive around some country roads - I however really enjoy the shows and cleaning the car and making it look like a show pony haha, people are different you should have seen the reaction I got when my 350z ad Bentley wheels on it.. haha :P

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 am

Looks really good overall, Lewis - you've pulled off the hybrid front there, very nice! Would like to see it from the rear - what exhaust & tips did you go for with the four-pot conversion?

For the bumper clips, they are brittle little feckers, and don't remove well. Get some new ones from Sopers BMW in Lincoln (01522 690000). Quote the forum - they should also post out for free on top of the discount. :thumbsup:
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:26 am

markeg wrote:Looks really good overall, Lewis - you've pulled off the hybrid front there, very nice! Would like to see it from the rear - what exhaust & tips did you go for with the four-pot conversion?

For the bumper clips, they are brittle little feckers, and don't remove well. Get some new ones from Sopers BMW in Lincoln (01522 690000). Quote the forum - they should also post out for free on top of the discount. :thumbsup:
Thanks matey, il message them today :) I post up a rear picture in a mo

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:45 am

its a bit dirty here:

and just one to show I Can actually drive it around haha:

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 am

Very nice :thumbsup: What make is the exhaust system?
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

LBZ4

Post by LBZ4 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:00 am

markeg wrote:Very nice :thumbsup: What make is the exhaust system?
sorry buddy, it was made to order by Powerflow