Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LK Performance...Cleckheaton

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
greg1953

Post by greg1953 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 am

A few weeks ago I bought some poly bushes from these people via eBay, they sent the wrong ones, as the car was needed we had to fit whatever we could find (Dave of roof motor fame sorted this out ) so I sent them back for a refund but the parcel was returned to me as they were not at the address on eBay so I rang them for the correct address and sent them again at a cost of £7.25 (x2)
Hearing nothing for over a week I rang them and spoke to a member of staff who assured me he would sort out the refund, still nothing refunded after a week, more phone calls and promises followed including one call where I was put on hold by someone called James, after 5mins I hung up and called again to be told there was no one working there called James and again promised the refund plus the £14.50 postage.
On Monday this week the refund finally arrived minus the postage so yet again I rang them and spoke to Adam who informed me that as I had returned the parcel to the wrong address it was my fault and they wouldn't refund the postage.
At this point I gave up, as I'm planning doing other bushes etc on my Z4 I won't be using LK Performance and I would advise anyone on here to do the same.
Greg

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:15 am

Sounds like you got the right run around Greg, thanks for the heads up as I was planning on buying something from them but after reading this will think again.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks for the warning, that's LK Performance blacklisted for me. I think we have all been messed around like this at some point by a vendor. Should have told them you will bad mouth them on every car forum you know, like you have done on here! :rofl: Might have got some response you never know, that said they don't seem to have been too bothered at the prospect fo you leaving bad feedback on Ebay so may be they just dont care anyway. :x

Actual what we could do with is a "sticky" bad vendors thread on here
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

Tried taking it up with ebay/PayPal? I learnt the hard way to wait for a prepaid label from the seller when returning items, then it's entirely their problem.
If you have no joy and they have premises then it might be worth considering small claims.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Ive dealt with Adam at LK previously for wheels + spacers & can't fault the service which did involve returning a full set of wheels due t one of them having a severe buckle once box was opened & tyres had already been fitted to 2 others & had to be removed
All sorted with minimum fuss so can't really complain :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ShaunKC

Post by ShaunKC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 pm

I have bought wheels, spacers (for my previous coupe) and various detailing products from LK in the past. I have always found them helpful and friendly; they have recently moved so perhaps that's why you got the wrong address. It might be worth checking if you posted back to their previous premises (34 Bradford Road, Cleckheaton, BD19 3LL). If you did, then you would have a good argument as to why you returned the goods back to the wrong address.

Personally, (in situations like this with my businesses) I always meet the customer half way, even if it's not my fault. I find its always better to keep a customer and lose a few £'s rather than lose a customer forever, shame they aren't doing the same.

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

idej_z4

Post by idej_z4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:15 pm

I've found LK to be okay. They're advice and support has been good. Slight problems with some of the work they've done though.

Havard

Post by Havard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Got my replacement Wolfraces for the 330 Ci at Christmas from these people and found them excellent. Just sounds like a real mess over a relatively small value. Probably not top of their list of priorities but still should have been sorted correctly.

I dealt with Adam and he was excellent over the phone and in person.

H.
ImageImage

JackSaturn

Post by JackSaturn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Tried to order a full set of Alloys and tyres from LK Performance. Paid the money only to be told that they're out of stock and not getting any in, in the foreseeable future. Asked about another set and got the same answer. In the end I asked for a refund but I still haven't got it yet, I'll have to chase them up. It's been over a week since they said about my refund.
2003 3.0 154kmiles and counting

VRSteve

Post by VRSteve » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:42 pm

JackSaturn wrote:Tried to order a full set of Alloys and tyres from LK Performance. Paid the money only to be told that they're out of stock and not getting any in, in the foreseeable future. Asked about another set and got the same answer. In the end I asked for a refund but I still haven't got it yet, I'll have to chase them up. It's been over a week since they said about my refund.
Credit card back charge
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

JackSaturn

Post by JackSaturn » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm

VRSteve wrote:
JackSaturn wrote:Tried to order a full set of Alloys and tyres from LK Performance. Paid the money only to be told that they're out of stock and not getting any in, in the foreseeable future. Asked about another set and got the same answer. In the end I asked for a refund but I still haven't got it yet, I'll have to chase them up. It's been over a week since they said about my refund.
Credit card back charge
I paid online with Paypal so I've always got that to help if needs be. I'm sure it'll be fine if I give them a nudge tomorrow.
2003 3.0 154kmiles and counting

Havard

Post by Havard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Sounds to me that it's their accounts people that are the problem then.

H.
ImageImage