Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Audio completely dead

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 am

Before I start pulling things apart anyone had this issue before on the pro system with sat nav?
Head unit is totally dead for audio. Cannot switch in or off, nor does rotating volume or pressing presets have any effect. No disply on sat nav screen.
Only button on that works on it is the menu which allows you to call up the sat nav display and select options. Computer, sat nave, etc.
I doubt a fuse as the unit must have some power
First port of call seems to be connectors on the rear, but open to ideas??
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by markplant » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 am

Is amp ok, not sat in the dreaded water, do you have anything aftermarket sat on bus
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:39 am

markplant wrote:Is amp ok, not sat in the dreaded water, do you have anything aftermarket sat on bus
No separate amp and the battery box is modified so would be dry.
Only a reinhold roof module on bus, but not even activated for 3 months with hardtop being fitted
Coded out an airbag problem a week or so back, but don't recall anything odd when I looked for errors

Very odd..
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by ranski » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Im fairly sure we have the same audio setup, so if you want to try my amp youre more than welcome.

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

srhutch

Audio completely dead

Post by srhutch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Assume you have tried the reboot option first.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Checked obvious fuses inc. one on the back of the head unit and all ok
Done the battery reset and no difference
All connectors correctly fitted

Rich - very kind offer. Not sure minehas a separate amp. All that's in the boot b the battery is the crash sensor box with yellow plug to trigger the battery disconnect.

Time to do some research before doing the component swap game...

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Just to close this thread out and if any help to future readers I fixed the audio problem using INPA software and accessing the radio within the menu of options
Cleared a couple of errors and it sprang back to life. Can't be sure but it may have gone into transport mode or similar. Can't see any logic as to why but saves buying a new head unit

Had a look at the CD changer that's not worked for a couple of years (as I never use it) simply as it was an option in the menu. Powered it down and that too started working again

All rather easy and cheap in the end :)

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by markplant » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 pm

Glad you got it sorted
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Steve84N

Audio completely dead

Post by Steve84N » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 am

Maybe I should hook my car up as I've had some random behaviour like it changing the stored radio stations itself...
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 am

Steve84N wrote:Maybe I should hook my car up as I've had some random behaviour like it changing the stored radio stations itself...
Sure - happy to take a look if you are in or around Shenstone
Not an expert on it though unlike some...

Steve84N

Audio completely dead

Post by Steve84N » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:35 pm

I've got BCables with NCS and have coded a few things, also not an expert. I'll plug it in myself but the hint to do so may prove fruitful. :thumbsup:
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Audio completely dead

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Steve84N wrote:I've got BCables with NCS and have coded a few things, also not an expert. I'll plug it in myself but the hint to do so may prove fruitful. :thumbsup:
Sounds like you're all set then
I used the inpa software that read all the various module faults so cleared them all down. Then powered down and back up the radio and cd.
No actual coding for me.