Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Meyle HD control arms and bushes

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Just wondering on peoples thoughts towards Meyle HD controls arms?

My car was in at BMW today and it needs control arms and rear bushes, BMW want £892 for this, including 4 wheel alignment. Not keen on paying that.

I've found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E85-E8 ... 0933378791

I've heard of the brand before, but seem to remember not being able to use them on my old e46 because it had M Sport suspension. Does anyone know if these will definitely work on my e86? Were different suspension options on the Z4 Coupe?

BMW have quoted the following part numbers:
B31.12.2.343.353 NS Wishbone
B31.12.2.343.352 OS Wishbone
B31.12.6.783.376 R W/Bone Mount

Thoughts?

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Arms are the same for all except the M I think regardless of springs. Might as well do the ARB bushings while you're under there, 5 mins each. Drop links are also cheap.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Ask the retailer to confirm they will fit, if they don't then it's on them.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:Arms are the same for all except the M I think regardless of springs. Might as well do the ARB bushings while you're under there, 5 mins each. Drop links are also cheap.
Excellent, thanks for the reply. Tempted to order these, but waiting on the dealer I bought the car from 3 weeks ago to let me know if they are willing to contribute towards the replacement.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:Ask the retailer to confirm they will fit, if they don't then it's on them.
There is a contact number on the eBay advert, I'll give them a call on Monday.

soundb0y

Post by soundb0y » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:59 pm

I had the msport suspension but fitted a b12 kit and these and they have been fine so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-BMW-E46-3 ... 2wr4k1NshA

midway

Post by midway » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 pm

I did mine on E85, I would have a look at polly bushes for the lollipops rather than the rubber ones supplied and you definitely need wheel alignment after the work has been done.

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:16 pm

midway wrote:I did mine on E85, I would have a look at polly bushes for the lollipops rather than the rubber ones supplied and you definitely need wheel alignment after the work has been done.
How long have you had poly bushes? Has ride been compromised? Are they overly noisy? Any creaking going on if they've been in a while?

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:17 pm

soundb0y wrote:I had the msport suspension but fitted a b12 kit and these and they have been fine so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-BMW-E46-3 ... 2wr4k1NshA
I think I'm going to contact them on Monday. Really want to make sure I get the correct ones.

midway

Post by midway » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 pm

They have been in about 3 months and improved the ride no end but I think it was more due to the fact that the rubber one I had on were well worn. No creaking or groaning and cost about £60 just for the bushes.

Ant

Post by Ant » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm

lol £900 f**k that

i have msport suspension and meylehd bushes and control arms, did control arms,rtabs, powerflex anti roll bushes fitted front/back etc last year

control arms cost me 200 iirc all the bushes etc about another 120 all in, another 120 or so fitting , nowhere near what you're getting quoted
and for a fair bit more than just the front control arms.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-Z4-E8 ... 1247361555

is what went on my 3.0i with msport suspension (got them from that seller as well actually)

Greg 01

Post by Greg 01 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 am

I recently bought these n had them fitted no complaints. I sent car details an vin number to them and they confirmed they were the right parts . :thumbsup:
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

Jay-SP

Post by Jay-SP » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Meyle HD control arms, bushes and drop links arrived today. Being fitted next week, I'll post again once complete!

Jez_m

Post by Jez_m » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am

Ant wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm lol £900 f**k that

i have msport suspension and meylehd bushes and control arms, did control arms,rtabs, powerflex anti roll bushes fitted front/back etc last year

control arms cost me 200 iirc all the bushes etc about another 120 all in, another 120 or so fitting , nowhere near what you're getting quoted

is what went on my 3.0i with msport suspension (got them from that seller as well actually)
I bought these (minus link rods as they were done previously) and fitted at the weekend. My control arms were the original arms and had never been off the car.. wow, they put up some fight! The arms were pretty much fused to the car at the steering knuckle and subframe and required copious amounts of blow torch, angle grider and pry bar to free the arms from the car! :D Satisfying work... but time consuming. Took a few hours to remove the old and literally 30 mins to fit the new ones. Which are very good quality by the way, would def recommend.

End result, front end feels nice and tight again. Steering feel and placement of the car on the road 100 times better. It also fixed the 'wandering' that i was getting from the car over 60mph.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

Jez_m wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am
Ant wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm lol £900 f**k that

I bought these (minus link rods as they were done previously) and fitted at the weekend. My control arms were the original arms and had never been off the car.. wow, they put up some fight! The arms were pretty much fused to the car at the steering knuckle and subframe and required copious amounts of blow torch, angle grider and pry bar to free the arms from the car! :D Satisfying work... but time consuming. Took a few hours to remove the old and literally 30 mins to fit the new ones. Which are very good quality by the way, would def recommend.

End result, front end feels nice and tight again. Steering feel and placement of the car on the road 100 times better. It also fixed the 'wandering' that i was getting from the car over 60mph.
yup I had mine installed too, attempted my self but failed miserably at the side of the road and went to the garage.. guy did not like me after the work xD his boss said he couldn't remember the last time he swore so much in a day, they were a PITA to take off. Which is why I gave up and put everything back together xD