Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

rear bumper modifications

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
elevensies

Post by elevensies » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 am

ok following on from the defuser thread, who, and what has been done to stock rear bumpers please, and pics if possible,
because:

i really fancy doing something with mine, M rears are difficult to source, and aftermarket ones are mega bucks, so whats been done to stock i wonder :thumbsup:
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:36 pm

This was on my previous 3.0. I cut and reshaped the bumper to allow Machine Monkey to add the extra tail pipes .

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Lynchy wrote:Image

This was on my previous 3.0. I cut and reshaped the bumper to allow Machine Monkey to add the extra tail pipes .
Nice ! They should have come from the factory like that ! :D
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks, i done it for the looks but I'm glad it wasn't done from factory as I think that's what makes the ///M special to look at from the rear.

elevensies

Post by elevensies » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:21 pm

thanks for that, thats kinda what i was thinking of doing, how difficult was it as iv had a quick look under mine, and it seems iv got a cover of some sort attached to that side of the underneath??
support our paras
"Utrinque Paratus"
https://www.justgiving.com/paracharity

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 am

There is a charcoal filter on the drivers side non //M cars, I removed mine to make room for the quad conversion.

It was originally moved over a couple of inches as seen below, but when I upgraded to wider rear wheels it had to be removed completely and the breather pipes bunged off.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 am

OEM quad cf diffuser, ///M boxes on custom exhaust pipe work and modified rear lights.
Works pretty well in function and symmetry

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills