Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My car is making me puke!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Don't worry i still love the zed however unfortunately on a run back home after some golf i was forced to drive over the remains of some animal (no idea what it had been). It's obviously been there a while and was almost in a goo state. As my car is lowered it's managed to collect some of said rotting animal and the stench is unbearable.

Anyone got any ideas how to remove.

Options i can think of are
- leave it, it'll rot off eventually
- pressure washer underneath (not sure how effective this be and dont want to damage any electronic gubbins
- drive back and forth through a large puddle at speed.

Answers on a postcard please!
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

chapeau

Post by chapeau » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm

I'd be tempted to trolley jack it up in the air and pressur wash at a reasonable distance to avoid damaging anything. More likely to rip off your bumper going fast through a deep puddle in a lowered car
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 pm

pressure wash it yeah.. I remember seeing one of the car washes had the underbody wash too, might be worth locating one?

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Karcher make an under chassis wash attachment. Would be great to have if you drive through the winter. A good excuse to get one in my opinion.

Have you checked for any splatter etc in the engine bay? Id have a look through the mesh grille at your radiator first.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Roundozo

Post by Roundozo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks for the options all.

I'll see if i can investigate how much "splatter" i have. I use the car all year round so i like the under car wash idea. Would need to investigate how strong it is and how big it is as there isn't much room under there.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Follow me on my "short cut" to Newlands Corner after heavy rain again. It will all just float away! :lol:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:18 pm

Just drive down to Cornwall for a day. It's rained so much here the past 6 weeks, the stench would be washed away in a jiffy. :lol: