Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help me out peeps

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

Help me out peeps

Post by Rusky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Ok first of all my DIY skills are minimal but even i should be able to do this: :oops:

changing my none xenon bulbs (side, dipped and Main)

So i removed the flap in the wheel arch :thumbsup:
I pulled down the metal clip :thumbsup:
Loosened of the black plastic case to the headlamps :thumbsup:
removed said back plastic case :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: It feels like its stuck and i dont want to break it so is there a lot of wiggling about to get it out??? it just flops around but doesn't come out :P :P

any advice very much appreciated

ta :roll: :roll:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Help me out peeps

Post by Chris_D » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:52 pm

jack up the car. wheel off. you'll have more access and room to wiggle the cover free.
might need a new seal by the sounds of it. half left on the headlight, half left on the cover.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Rusky

Help me out peeps

Post by Rusky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 pm

No the seal was ok it just felt like something solid was stopping it from coming out :roll:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

sw4nny

Help me out peeps

Post by sw4nny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Rusky wrote:No the seal was ok it just felt like something solid was stopping it from coming out :roll:
Keep wiggling gently and at strange angles it will come out ,ensuring the clip is totally free from the cover :thumbsup:
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten

Rusky

Help me out peeps

Post by Rusky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 pm

cool thought that would be it, just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something. :oops:

Steve84N

Help me out peeps

Post by Steve84N » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 am

There's a plastic lug on the inner side of the cover, it's a right pain to get back in. The headlight adjuster also gets in the way of pulling the cover out.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc