Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof working from the key fob

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Barryprman

Post by Barryprman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi all. Would like to get the roof working from the key fob. Anyone on here that can recommend someone to do this in the Kent / London borders? Thanks in advance…
Z4 2.2 O5 plate pre-facelift
Last edited by Barryprman on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Pre or post face lift?. On the face lift cars you can lower the roof as delivered. Hold the button down, windows lower half way then the roof folds back, then the windows return to full height. :)

Barryprman

Post by Barryprman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks buzyg - have edited the post to show it as a pre-facelift model.

heavymetalthunder

Post by heavymetalthunder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:08 pm

I was under the impression that post '04 models had this feature enabled as standard? I may be wrong, or it could be a coding thing. Press unlock and keep it held down and the roof opens.

It did this on my '04 3.0, but I have also added a GapTech module which means you just click three times to lower the roof without keeping it held down, you can also close the roof and it gives one touch functionality from the in car buttons.
E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster (manual) in Sterling Grey

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Things to try
Put key in drivers door lock, turn to unlock an hold in that position, hopefully windows will drop an foot opens , you have to keep the key held in the unlock position,

With roof down , key in drivers door lock turn an hold in lock position , if windows are up they should drop an then roof close then windows go back up,

With roof up press an hold the unlock on remote , it should hopefully open as above, I have a pre face lift an this worked on mine

With roof down press an hold lock on remote if roof does start to close it's already been coded in, if roof doesn't move , it can be coded in , this is what had to go on mine

If you press unlock on remote 3 times an roof opens you may have a gap Tech fitted
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

Barryprman

Post by Barryprman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks heavymetalthunder and markplant for the tips. Held the key on unlock and both windows dropped fully and the roof folded back. Could not get it to close on the key, but at least I am half way there.