Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spring has sprung or has it?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 pm

So a question to do with springs of the curly type and not spring of the flowery type :D
I have got a set of eibachs and the question is am i going to ruin the ride if i put the eibachs on with the standard m sport shocks. I know it will lower the ride by about 20mm which i think will improve the look. I hope that it will make the ride a little less crashy but still give the handling performance. I have to say that i am still on runflats for the moment but they will be changed for non run flats soon ish.

I am looking for advice based on experience as i have none in this field and dont want to make any obvious mistakes.

Let me know guys
:roll: :driving: :driving: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Steve84N

Post by Steve84N » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:49 am

If you're used to runflats you'll probably end up with a ride at least as good with Eibach springs and non-runflats.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

RyanB88

Post by RyanB88 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 am

I can tell explain how much of a difference removing the runflats made to my 123d (E82) and my Z4 3.0 E85

Get rid of them if you care about ride quality!
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup: