Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2xcite headlights cost

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm

ah ok got you enzed4 that makes sense . Ok so now I'm thinking not having the rings running all the day as i don't want to over do it with them and tomoz4 advice makes great advice also . So thats it then , going to wire them with the sidelights , don't think i would need a relay for that just a case of butting into the sidelight live , scooba steve maybe you can confirm this .
Tom you've discussed blanking out the top strip , how did you go about this ?
thanks for the great discussion folks , i just want to get my plan ready as i reakon they will be here before the weekend . :thumbsup:

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

2xcite headlights cost

Post by enzed4 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm

I find my halos are plenty bright enough - perhaps they were swapped out at an earlier time (the headlights looked like they'd been opened before).
Agree with tomoz4white that the top strip lights are useless so I blacked out the top strip when painting the inners, and now you can't see them :thumbsup:
Last edited by enzed4 on Tue May 16, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

2xcite headlights cost

Post by Scooba_Steve » Tue May 16, 2017 9:11 pm

williamdefender wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm Thanks Steve , I'm thinking it would be nice to have the angels come on as daytime running lights and side /mains dip all run as normal via light switch . Think my previous 08 lci 520 used to do that . I do remember having to change the bulbs in those a few times so I'm concerned that i would have to take of the bumper again as natahanz4c has commented . Can you confirm is this correct , surely sonar would have figured out that this wouldn't be the way to go . Hey Tomzo check out your motor , looks about ten years younger , super job there m8.
If you get Philips or Osram LEDs they will last a long time, I have been running a pair of W5W sidelights for 3 years with no issues.

You have a pre-facelift so it's not possible to code sidelights as DRLs (as far as I have seen). The sidelight feed, as is, will light the 'eyebrow' as I call it, the strip at the top. This has W5W bulbs in which seem to need the headlight off to replace. It's possible to run the wiring so you can change it later and I have literally 20 changeover relays if you want them wired up like I plan to.

PM me your email and I can send the wiring diagram and give you all the lighting possibilities I can think of.

You anywhere near London?
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Tue May 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Im over in sunny Northern Ireland mate , pm sent now

williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

enzed4 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 pm I find my halos are plenty bright enough - perhaps they were swapped out at an earlier time (the headlights looked like they'd been opened before).
Agree with tomoz4white that the top strip lights are useless so I blacked out the top strip when painting the inners, and now you can't see them :thumbsup:

Thats a mighty fine job you've done there m8 . Im not for opening them up so reason i will just stick a bulb in and not wire it up.
:thumbsup:

tomoz4white

2xcite headlights cost

Post by tomoz4white » Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 pm

As Scooba said - yes I wouldn't use the top strips - pointless.

We both made them redundant in different ways - you can black them out or simply remove the bulb and buy the resistors so you dont get an ECU warning which is what I went for. The resistors are pennies from ebay. Either option does the job mate. Pics please once done!

Tomo
Only UK OEM White Manual
E85 3.0i SE Still Rolling!
Mileage 36,000 Miles

4 x White 3.0i OEM UK E85's Made...
= 2 UK Pre-Facelift / 2 UK Facelift

tomoz4white

2xcite headlights cost

Post by tomoz4white » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 pm

The lights transform the car - Good luck and WE WANT PICS REMEMBER!
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Here a quick snap of the current leds which are in my car at the minute . Im not getting any dash alarms and they shine a nice white . Hopefully i can transplant these and be error free
sidelight_led.jpg
sidelight_led.jpg (138.25 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Don't you just love the cameras in phones nowadays , flipping great
sidelight2.png
sidelight2.png (581.96 KiB) Viewed 858 times

tomoz4white

2xcite headlights cost

Post by tomoz4white » Tue May 16, 2017 9:46 pm

You wont have to really change any bulbs mate with the Sonar's - just the main headlight bulbs to osram's for brightness as they are pretty dull.
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

tomoz4white

2xcite headlights cost

Post by tomoz4white » Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 pm

The rings are fixed and if you are cancelling out the eye brows (top strips) you wont be using any side light led bulbs from your previous set up. Just buy some Osrams for the main lights and transfer your main beam bulbs from the originals. Job done
Only UK OEM White Manual
Mileage 36,000 Miles

williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

All done , phew that done my head in . Getting the gaps correct was a case of bumper on / bumper off quite a few times . I think I've got it now and the lights look great . I was over thinking the wiring and just ended up wiring the angels eyes to the sidelight . I used bullet connectors in case i wish to disconnect the sidelight although i know most don't use it but when i used the led bulb it turned out quite nice . Will get better picts when car is out of garage and washed at the weekend . Thanks for all the support guys .
before.png
before.png (568.4 KiB) Viewed 821 times
after.png
after.png (547.09 KiB) Viewed 821 times
closeup.png
closeup.png (583.21 KiB) Viewed 821 times
closeup2.jpg
closeup2.jpg (126.92 KiB) Viewed 818 times

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

2xcite headlights cost

Post by enzed4 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 am

Nice :thumbsup: . I think with a silver car you have the luxury of fitting either chrome or black inners and they'll both look good, although I found chrome 'bounced' the light from the halos a bit much, whereas black seems to make them stand out better.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

williamdefender

2xcite headlights cost

Post by williamdefender » Sun May 21, 2017 11:37 am

ardglass.png
ardglass.png (270.32 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Folks i received a voucher code for free shipping from 2xcite . If anyone needs it then just let me know and its yours , you might as well save a tenner .

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

2xcite headlights cost

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Been having a look at the wiring on my set while I wait for waterproof connectors to arrive. There's a resistor box on the underside to prevent bulb warnings from the indicators. Two bulbs in std headlights, only one in these. If the bulb checks are off you can unplug these.

Sidelight holder is a pig to get off, needs rotating through 45 degrees either way before pulling straight back.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

damo951

2xcite headlights cost

Post by damo951 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi all. Old thread I know but I wonder if someone could help please. I have the 2xcite headlights installed but have cut the feed to the brow (side) lights and weed this feed to power the angels instead. Clearly this is giving me a dash warning and the also the indicator bulbs light up (The BMW failsafe sidelights that act as sidelights when the sidelights are out). I presume this is because the angels are LED's and not registering?. Do I need to put a resistor in parallel with the angels to make this go away? If so, what resistor do I need and also is it a case of linking one side of the resistor to the red cable and one side to the black cable (+ & -)?