Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Runflat discussion

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 6:24 pm

So i am interested in everyones opinions, experiences and views. I have a 3.0i prefacelift on runflats and recently switched to Eibach pro sports that has eliminated the harsh crashy drive. Springs have transformed the ride, my question therefore is why do people change from runflats, my plan is to change but just curious now as to what the improvements will be. Yes it will depend on the tyres i change to so lets say they will be a mid to premium set. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Steve84N

Runflat discussion

Post by Steve84N » Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 pm

It's simply a much better ride and handling improves too but it's the ride you notice most. Just do it.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Steve84N wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2017 6:32 pm It's simply a much better ride and handling improves too but it's the ride you notice most. Just do it.
wheel refurb and tyres are the next big job on the list. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Pabby1980

Runflat discussion

Post by Pabby1980 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Rusky wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2017 6:24 pm So i am interested in everyones opinions, experiences and views. I have a 3.0i prefacelift on runflats and recently switched to Eibach pro sports that has eliminated the harsh crashy drive. Springs have transformed the ride, my question therefore is why do people change from runflats, my plan is to change but just curious now as to what the improvements will be. Yes it will depend on the tyres i change to so lets say they will be a mid to premium set. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I bought my zed from a mechanic who sold me the car with a spare tyre in a bag the boot.

He said "you can get a canister to refill the tyres.....but what's the point?"

Well, in my experience, the point is fitting anything other than a loaf of bread and a pint of milk in the boot.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the ride in these cars (certainly mine) is hard enough. Runflats are just exacerbating the problem. Get normal tyres and a canister (as much as the mechanic would disagree). :)

Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Already have a canister and electric pump from a previous car. There is no question of me not changing but i am interested to hear peoples opinions on what improvements they have seen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

D4dawg

Runflat discussion

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Let's just say M cars dont have them for a reason;)
Plus side walls so reinforced there's no flex nor feedback and that won't aid your rise
As tyres carry the weight of the car

Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 9:21 pm

D4dawg wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 pm Let's just say M cars dont have them for a reason;)
Plus side walls so reinforced there's no flex nor feedback and that won't aid your rise
As tyres carry the weight of the car
That is a very good ponit D4 and well made.. :thumbsup:

D4dawg

Runflat discussion

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Meant ride this damn autoincorrect !!!
And makes sense:)

Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 10:28 pm

D4dawg wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2017 9:26 pm Meant ride this damn autoincorrect !!!
And makes sense:)
After a couple of re reads i figured what you meant. Car looks first class dude. Love the four chrome pipes on ya M and car colour is fanyastic ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Rusky

Runflat discussion

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: fantastic and i cant blame auto correct for that lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

D4dawg

Runflat discussion

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Rusky wrote: โ†‘Sat May 20, 2017 10:31 pm Lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: fantastic and i cant blame auto correct for that lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Haha
N ta buddy

RyanB88

Runflat discussion

Post by RyanB88 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Remove them - better handling, better rice, silly to keep them imo
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup: