Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

GapTECH

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

GapTECH

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 7:14 pm

So Mrs F just said she will get me a gaptech roof module for my Birthday (July) yes i am forward planning :rofl: Anyway, what stops the roof operating with a hardtop fitted? Dont want to accidently operate the roof in winter with the hard top on. DLV said that it wouldnt operate with the hard top on but i cant remember why it wont :oops: :oops: Had a quick google but cant find anything about this.

Anyone got any definative info? :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

D4dawg

GapTECH

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Now there's a good question
I personally would find the fuse of the roof and pull it
Whilst hard top in situ
As a just incase

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

GapTECH

Post by markplant » Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Could just put parcel shelf in up position
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

D4dawg

GapTECH

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 9:04 pm

markplant wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 pm Could just put parcel shelf in up position
That's alternative :)
Though id be a tool n put it down hahah

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

GapTECH

Post by markplant » Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Just thought you probably can't but shelf up as roof would already be down
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

D4dawg

GapTECH

Post by D4dawg » Sat May 20, 2017 9:10 pm

markplant wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 9:07 pm Just thought you probably can't but shelf up as roof would already be down
Haha v true ;)

Rusky

GapTECH

Post by Rusky » Sat May 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah parcel shelf ain't gonna work for two reasons firstly the roof would already be down and secondly my micro switch isn't working :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

GapTECH

Post by Ducklakeview » Sat May 20, 2017 10:42 pm

The car senses that the hardtop is fitted through both the electrical connections for the rear window and the magnets that override the hall sensors I believe.

Mike

Rusky

GapTECH

Post by Rusky » Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 am

Cheers mike. Couldnt remember what you had said. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dpbayly1

GapTECH

Post by dpbayly1 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:48 pm

As your roof motor is sitting in your boot after getting if relocated you could always as a fail safe unplug one of the connections on the bottom of the motor

Rusky

GapTECH

Post by Rusky » Sun May 21, 2017 7:34 pm

dpbayly1 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 2:48 pm As your roof motor is sitting in your boot after getting if relocated you could always as a fail safe unplug one of the connections on the bottom of the motor
Now there is an idea :thumbsup: