Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Found previous owner of YF56 KMZ on forum!!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
theribs

Found previous owner of YF56 KMZ on forum!!

Post by theribs » Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 am

I've not been a member on here for long, just a couple of posts so far, but I've already found it really usefull and friendly.

So I was surfing through the forum, going through a post that ranski pointed out to me when I was asking whether my halos were stock or not. It's a long post... 80 pages!!... I got through the 1st 20 odd and then something court my eye :-o "that's a nice Zed, looks a bit like mine.... hang on a minute!!!"

Sure enough, it was her. Hi kevdex, if you are still on the forum. Personally I'm pretty glad you sold your 3.0si. I bought it from a Vauxhall dealer August 2016, so I guess there must be another owner between then and you selling it in 2013.

It's great to get some history about the car from Kevdex's posts. It's now obvious that the AEs were not stock, I have a great write-up by the person that did the mod. Front parking sensors too (by the way kev the 44mm height still causes problems, thank god you fitted the kill switch!! :D )

The cars still in great shape, she has done 36k miles now. I've done a couple of things in the 10 or so months I have had her.
  • New head unit, Bluetooth and USB port included (USB port next to the parking sensor kill switch). Not too in your face, I think it goes quick well with the dash.
    OEM Cup holders (expensive!! but how can anyone survive without them!)
    The car had a stock aerial when I got it, now it has a stubby again.
    Mats, no mats when I got her. (Boy did I have problems with the drivers side... no heat sealed Velcro!)
    A bit of colour inside, red gear stick and handbrake gaiters, red shoulder pads.
    New personal registration.
    Just fitted a set of Machine Monkey's exhaust tips.
Apart from these small things she is how you had her.
IMG_8246.JPG
IMG_8246.JPG (124.86 KiB) Viewed 305 times
IMG_8250.JPG
IMG_8250.JPG (91.5 KiB) Viewed 305 times
The attachment IMG_8250.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
IMG_8236.JPG
IMG_8236.JPG (114.17 KiB) Viewed 305 times
3.0si Roadster in Titanium Silver as featured in the 2006 brochures.