Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ST X Suspension Coilovers

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic » Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am

Does anyone have any experience from ST Suspension and specifically their ST X line?

From searches I have found that ST is owned by KW and are their more affordable coilover line. They are identical in technology and construction to KW Variant 1 with the only different being galvanised vs inox that the KW are. Made in Germany by KW.

On the thought that I live in Greece and we don't have that much rain, rust in not something I fear of.

They are also height adjustable and as I can see the springs are progressive.

If anyone has personal experience I would appreciate their input. Price seems right.

http://www.st-suspensions.net/produktfinder/?typ=3931
04' Z4 2.5i Maldives Blue - 108 alloys - Hardtop - 3,0si brakes F/R, BMW sport stubby, K&N filter, chrome exhaust tips, ZHP shift knob, cruise control, sound generator, twin clear reverse light, led dome light and footwell lights. :driving:

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Thu May 25, 2017 11:52 am

Fanatic wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am Does anyone have any experience from ST Suspension and specifically their ST X line?

From searches I have found that ST is owned by KW and are their more affordable coilover line. They are identical in technology and construction to KW Variant 1 with the only different being galvanised vs inox that the KW are. Made in Germany by KW.

On the thought that I live in Greece and we don't have that much rain, rust in not something I fear of.

If anyone has personal experience I would appreciate their input. Price seems right.

Hi,

I've been using the ST XTA for the last 15 months on my 2.0 and really enjoying them. They are full adjustable so as you know you can get them to your liking and for your roads.

Also really easy to fit so a nice DIY job followed by an alignment :driving:

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic » Thu May 25, 2017 12:00 pm

synthedup wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 11:52 am
Fanatic wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:49 am Does anyone have any experience from ST Suspension and specifically their ST X line?

Hi,

I've been using the ST XTA for the last 15 months on my 2.0 and really enjoying them. They are full adjustable so as you know you can get them to your liking and for your roads.

Also really easy to fit so a nice DIY job followed by an alignment :driving:

Hi and thanks for your input. How would you compare them to the stock suspension?
04' Z4 2.5i Maldives Blue - 108 alloys - Hardtop - 3,0si brakes F/R, BMW sport stubby, K&N filter, chrome exhaust tips, ZHP shift knob, cruise control, sound generator, twin clear reverse light, led dome light and footwell lights. :driving:

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Thu May 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, tbh i haven't had done a direct comparison as I went from H&Rs to these.

Newbers

Post by Newbers » Fri May 26, 2017 5:58 pm

I've just put KW's on but haven't had the alignment done yet (it's booked in next Friday). I was on M sport springs with knackered dampers.

The ride is a lot firmer as you'd expect. I'm slowly reducing the rebound and it is getting easier to live with.

On poor road surfaces its not very comfortable but for better conditions and fast manouvers (e.g. motorway slip roads/changing lanes/fast country roads) it's great!

Unless you drive very briskly or want the car particularly low I would probably save some money and stick with conventional springs but make sure everything is in good condition (bushes + alignment)
Coupe, KW coil overs, PSB limiters, Powerflex ARB bushes, 18" CSL reps, Aero skirts, ZHP leather knob, Whippy and proud. Probably needs a wash :roll: