Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

where have all the zeds gone??

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 8:08 pm

So the weather has been gorgeous the last few days, loads of top down driving :thumbsup: :thumbsup: However, I haven't seen a single zed :o :o Where have they all gone? Are they getting rare? :wink:

[IMG]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b51 ... p4ofqy.jpg[/IMG]
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Mon May 29, 2017 8:13 pm

Rub salt in to the wounds won't you! It's been pi55ing down here, nearly flooded my garage twice today :(
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

RyanB88

Post by RyanB88 » Mon May 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Heavy rain today, I've been out just with the roof up!
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup:

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Ewazix wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:13 pm Rub salt in to the wounds won't you! It's been pi55ing down here, nearly flooded my garage twice today :(
its been dull and drizzley here today and the heavens opened for a while this evening too but over the weekend its been tropical :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Crazy Harry

Post by Crazy Harry » Mon May 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Been great here - left home (mid Norfolk) about 8:30 over to the coast at Walcott for breakfast then along the coast road to Cromer (albeit through the mist) then cross county to North Walsham; Taverham and Dereham with a few stops along the way and back home mid afternoon - all top down at 14 degrees +

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Rusky wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:08 pm So the weather has been gorgeous the last few days, loads of top down driving :thumbsup: :thumbsup: However, I haven't seen a single zed :o :o Where have they all gone? Are they getting rare? :wink:
Don't know about that, maybe its just the area you live?
Originally i was going to buy a 1.8 20v Audi TT as i had previously leased one for 24months, but over time whitest looking it dawned on me every other car on the road was a Audi TT (8 out of 10 of those where silver) so i decided to buy Z4 based on where i live (lived) at that time, on a generally average day you'd never see another one.

Still now i think theres barely 2-3 i recognise seeing more than once around here.
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 9:10 pm

ESP wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm
Rusky wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 8:08 pm So the weather has been gorgeous the last few days, loads of top down driving :thumbsup: :thumbsup: However, I haven't seen a single zed :o :o Where have they all gone? Are they getting rare? :wink:
Don't know about that, maybe its just the area you live?
Originally i was going to buy a 1.8 20v Audi TT as i had previously leased one for 24months, but over time whitest looking it dawned on me every other car on the road was a Audi TT (8 out of 10 of those where silver) so i decided to buy Z4 based on where i live (lived) at that time, on a generally average day you'd never see another one.

Still now i think theres barely 2-3 i recognise seeing more than once around here.
And that Sir is my point :poke: :thumbsup:

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Surely thats one of the bonuses of us 'Z'ers.
We're not sheep, we have a little class 8)

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 9:16 pm

ESP wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 pm Surely thats one of the bonuses of us 'Z'ers.
We're not sheep, we have a little class 8)
Abso bloody lutely :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i love how rare it is, but it is also nice to see another one on my travels especially if they acknowledge my mad crazy waving :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon May 29, 2017 9:19 pm

I hope its not like this: :nahnah: :crazydude:
Keep your hands on the wheels, stay safe ;)

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 9:24 pm

ESP wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:19 pm I hope its not like this: :nahnah: :crazydude:
no more like :driving: :dance2: :driving:

Johnr32

Post by Johnr32 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Thats almost a splitting image of how my car looks except mine has a whippy and aero spoiler! you should come over to goodwood soft top sunday so we can be twins :)

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon May 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Rusky wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:24 pm
ESP wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:19 pm I hope its not like this: :nahnah: :crazydude:
no more like :driving: :dance2: :driving:
Where about's in Cambridgeshire are you?
Have you ever heard about "Classics at the Goat" ?
PM'ing you details
Last edited by ESP on Mon May 29, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Mine stayed parked!

I may have used it, but the roads were wet and it was a Bank Holiday so I expected Sunday drivers everywhere.

Wasn't proved wrong - A3 Northbound had a 3+mile queue due to kn*bs not getting onto the slip road for the M25 until the last possible minute! Wouldn't have got any extra enjoyment from crawling in the Z4 instead of my daily. :(

Mind you I wouldn't have worried about the weather - mine has a roof! :poke:

Now I'm retired I might take the Z4 out this week...... :P
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Johnr32 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Thats almost a splitting image of how my car looks except mine has a whippy and aero spoiler! you should come over to goodwood soft top sunday so we can be twins :)
mine has a whippy too :thumbsup: i am on the look out for an aero spoiler. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: