Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Red Heated, Electric, Memory Sport seats - what they worth?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 am

Hi, I'd be interested in these for a fair price when you are ready to sell. No px's or anything, just a straight sell assuming all functions work OK? Please let me know. Oh and where are you located?

Cheers,

Gary

Just noticed you are in Berkshire so not too far from me in Hertfordshire
Last edited by Hagasan on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:36 am One thing I did wonder about these seats is the extra stitching/detail on the backs. Didn't have this on my previous Sport seats, and haven't seen it on others before (or probably didn't notice).

z4-dream-red-3.jpg
That's a new one for me too? Do you think the covers are completely original?
BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Darkangelv2 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:40 pm That's a new one for me too? Do you think the covers are completely original?
I have no reason to think they are not original...
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:36 am One thing I did wonder about these seats is the extra stitching/detail on the backs. Didn't have this on my previous Sport seats, and haven't seen it on others before (or probably didn't notice).

z4-dream-red-3.jpg
Some interesting info on the M Sport seats and the different leathers used in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83837
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Hagasan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 am Hi, I'd be interested in these for a fair price when you are ready to sell. No px's or anything, just a straight sell assuming all functions work OK? Please let me know. Oh and where are you located?

Cheers,

Gary

I don't want this to be an auction or sale thread, but seems as a potential buyer who's signed up just now you can state what a 'fair price' is
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:15 pm

MACK wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pmSome interesting info on the M Sport seats and the different leathers used in this thread.
Can't see anything obvious other than someone else who has it, but doesn't know what it's for. Wonder if it's anything to do with the full extended leather my car has?
The Spicy Meatball - 2006 Z4 M Roadster, Interlagos / Black, BC Racing Coilovers, Gruppe M Induction, Supersprint exhaust and x-pipe.

Hagasan

Post by Hagasan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:49 pm

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 pm
Hagasan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 am Hi, I'd be interested in these for a fair price when you are ready to sell. No px's or anything, just a straight sell assuming all functions work OK? Please let me know. Oh and where are you located?

Cheers,

Gary

I don't want this to be an auction or sale thread, but seems as a potential buyer who's signed up just now you can state what a 'fair price' is
Hello,

yes I did just register today. I've owned my 3.0ltr Z4 since January and have browsed the forum from time to time.

The op seemed to be looking for advice on what the going rate was. Others have given their opinions which I've read as I'm sure the op has. Given what they've said I would have thought it was up to him to then decide on what to ask?

All I was saying is that I would be interested in buying them, or at least discussing buying them, when he decides it's time to sell based on the fair prices others gave suggested. With that in mind I wasn't aware through saying so I was turning this into a for sale thread any more or any less than the op?

Apologies if it's taken that way.. It's a discussion thread.. I was discussing the potential sale...

Thanks,

Gary

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:15 pm
MACK wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pmSome interesting info on the M Sport seats and the different leathers used in this thread.
Can't see anything obvious other than someone else who has it, but doesn't know what it's for. Wonder if it's anything to do with the full extended leather my car has?
I think it's the extended leather, my normal seats have the same as part of the package

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Hagasan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:49 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Cheers,

Gary

Hello,

yes I did just register today. I've owned my 3.0ltr Z4 since January and have browsed the forum from time to time.

The op seemed to be looking for advice on what the going rate was. Others have given their opinions which I've read as I'm sure the op has. Given what they've said I would have thought it was up to him to then decide on what to ask?

All I was saying is that I would be interested in buying them, or at least discussing buying them, when he decides it's time to sell based on the fair prices others gave suggested. With that in mind I wasn't aware through saying so I was turning this into a for sale thread any more or any less than the op?

Apologies if it's taken that way.. It's a discussion thread.. I was discussing the potential sale...

Thanks,

Gary
Not in any way a problem to join the forum and the debate and I should have added 'welcome'
Joining and suggesting you'd like to buy them moves pretty squarely into buying, putting a 'first dibs' on them, not advice on price, but I'm not concerned.
My real point is as a potential buyer you are ideally placed to suggest how much you think they are worth, at least to you, given something is only worth what someone will pay.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:11 pm

If it's any use, I recently obtained a set of mint black heated elec seats AND an M wheel for the grand total of £0 😁 Well, not strictly true, I sealed them for my own elec heated seats and wheel and a couple of hours of my labour.

Mike

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Gazhyde wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:48 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:33 amSeparately are you aware how tough it is to remove the door card inserts?
Finding out it's possible was a bonus considering I'd bought it all before checking, so I guess I like a challenge... :?
Removed the leather inserts from both sets of cards successfully, first one took an hour and the fourth one about 20 minutes. Once I figured out the best way, it's really not that bad a job - but if its your first attempt it's a little nerve wracking!

Now gluing the first one back on the extended leather door card. Will be posting lots of pics of what I did at some stage.

Gotta clean the red seats up now, then I'll post a sale advert up next week!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:12 pm

As you say - first one is a challenge. Glad you got it sorted

Gazhyde

Post by Gazhyde » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 pm

If anyone is interested, or finds this thread later on I got chance to document what I did to change the leathers over. When I get chance I'll recreate the thread here, but for now lots of pics and general ramblings... https://zroadster.org/threads/bmw-z4-re ... rds.18516/

Seats have now been sold and collected.