Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cdv and ZHP

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
mjennings23

Cdv and ZHP

Post by mjennings23 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am

CDV delete is easy enough, believe all you need is an 11mm (I think!) flare wrench and two 17mm standard spanners. I literally just removed the valve and tightened the rubber pipe straight into the bracket rather than "modifying", it's a direct fit so no issues.

I was flushing my brake fluid at the same time so also did the clutch fluid, but if you clamp the pipe you'll lose a couple of drops at most.

I'm planning on changing my gearbox oil in a couple of weeks, I'm helping my brother do the rocker gasket on his X3 so figured I may as well wait and do it while I'm dirty!

sylfe

Cdv and ZHP

Post by sylfe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:16 pm

2003 E85 Z4 3.0i Maldives blue

thanatu55

Cdv and ZHP

Post by thanatu55 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Motorwerks gear knob and handbrake is one of my most satisfying mods. I'm planning on tackling the CDV this weekend.

Newbers

Cdv and ZHP

Post by Newbers » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:17 am

I just did my CDV yesterday too (after about 5 years of ownership :roll: ) I've only been able to drive 2 miles since but it definitely felt better.

I jacked up the passenger side and crawled under. You don't have to take the tray right off, remove three 10mm screws, loosen the fourth and you can swing it out of the way. To take the CDV out is easy and obvious. I didn't clamp the hose and was surprised about much fluid I lost (not ideal).
One minor tip - The clutch has a separate partitioned section in the fluid reservoir. The reservoir can look full but the clutch side is empty (particularly with car jacked up one side). One other tip - my (admittedly very cheap) brake bleeding hose wouldn't stay on the nipple (which is quite small diameter). I had to get my daughter to pump the pedal while I held the hose on.
Coupe, KW coil overs, PSB limiters, Powerflex ARB bushes, 18" CSL reps, Aero skirts, ZHP leather knob, Whippy and proud. Probably needs a wash :roll: