Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Poor running

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Wafoo

Poor running

Post by Wafoo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:40 pm

It's been a few weeks with the Zed which I'm enjoying enormously, the handling is awesome, almost on a par with my old RX8, however I know she's a high mileage, I've put two thousand on her this month taking her to 141000 but once you get her to 3500 revs she's away like a good thing, however below 3500 she's smooth but gutless, most cars trundle past me at the lights unless I cane her which I'm loathe to do, I've changed plugs, coils, air filter seats, cleaned the carpet and washed her but no change.
Is this normal or am I missing something, VANOS maybe??
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Rusky

Poor running

Post by Rusky » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 pm

yes that kind of how it is, much more happening at 3000+, mine is 3.0 and 13 years old. A remap will bring the power delivery down the rev range and make it more eager i believe, not much in the way of power gains but more useable. its on my list to do. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

RyanB88

Poor running

Post by RyanB88 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:04 pm

What engine do you have ?
Z4 now sold :(

Current - M235i :thumbsup: