Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Every Z4 owner needs an Andy Fanshawe

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Thanks Andy.

I took my car to Andy on Monday to get him to have a look at my sticky steering problem. Using his electronic gizmo he found a steering fault and reset everything for me. There were lots of graphs and statistical information on the screen which Andy painstakingly explained to me. I tried to look intelligent and as if I understood it all. Thank heavens he did. He also gave the car a thorough check over on the ramp to see there were no problems underneath. Thankfully he gave it a clean bill of health.
Just as Grumpy Owl posted recently, when Andy reset his steering, the drive home was awful. The steering was stiff and slight adjustments were jerky but the following day everything was fine. The steering is now nicely weighted and comfortable. I haven't tried the car on a long journey yet but I'll report back when I do.
Andy is very talented and knowledgable but he is also helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed my visit and hearing about his project cars. It takes about an hour and a half from Lincoln to Chesterfield but the journey was worth the effort. Guys like Andy are difficult to find. I know who will be looking after my pride and joy from now on.
Thanks too to Grumpy Owl for providing me with Andy's details.
Once again the forum has come up trumps for one of it's members.

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 pm

It's very strange isn't it why the car seems to be worse after the reset, then after leaving it overnight (in my case 4 days) it's sorted itself out. Mine is still spot on more than pleased with the outcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't pretend to understand why it happens. Andy seemed to think the computerised parts of the system had to learn the new settings and then adjust. That is if I have interpreted what he said correctly. I am just pleased that there has been an improvement.

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am

I take it Andy is a mechanic? I'm going to be in that area in 2 months time I wouldn't mind his details for some work I need done.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am I take it Andy is a mechanic? I'm going to be in that area in 2 months time I wouldn't mind his details for some work I need done.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84224

This is Andy's thread which I'm sure has his contact details, or on the bottom of his posts is a link to his website, which should have his number in there
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 am

Sonny
Andy is a real enthusiast with an extensive knowledge of a variety of cars. Ask him about his current projects. I have been looking for someone like him for a long time. Whats more you won't need a second mortgage to pay for any work he does on your car. His website is at: www.lowcamaro.com. Or as markplant says he can be contacted through the forum. Hope this helps.

sw4nny

Post by sw4nny » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:34 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:27 am I take it Andy is a mechanic? I'm going to be in that area in 2 months time I wouldn't mind his details for some work I need done.
Pm me if you want his number :thumbsup:
I can second his great work and endless enthusiasm.
E85 3.oi titan silver,Maldives blue E85 3.0i gone but not forgotten