Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Another reason to LOVE this forum.......

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Kap'nZ4

Another reason to LOVE this forum.......

Post by Kap'nZ4 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 am

Just past a year and a half of ownership of my Z4C and yet another reason why I love this forum.

The dedication involved in the owners of their Z's and the wealth of info on this board, and a couple key words in the search field about squeaks....drew my atintion to an area I would not have thought about.

So last Thursday morning as I was driving up the driveway to go to work I heard a squeak from the front drivers side, (Left for Americans) and thought it was kind of odd, but didn't think about it the next couple times I heard it.
So today my chore was to detail the boot lid area and engine bay. Note, there is good reasons to keep detailing your car inside and out as it is things like this you will notice when looking at every detail.

And for those of you that have not, please do go inspect your engine bay as if you let this condition go, you will likely spend a butload of cash to fix it all..

Currently parked and waiting to service.

[IMG]http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp7/ ... s8ttvo.jpg[/IMG]

Top strut mounts on both sides are done in (ie: lower left corner in pic), drivers side strut brace shows recent snap. :headbang:

Imagine the shocks will need replaced also but not realy surprised there. Ordering a 3 point brace to get away from tig welding the failed brace. After all, sturdier is better. :)

So thanks to all of you that have posted before about this, it made it much easier to clue in and fix what could have been a disastrous repair.
God saw me fit enough to drive it. It's my responsibility to drive it the way its meant to be drove. (All Roads Open.) Mods and fixes are mounting and I don't care, as it will be drove come hell or high water. :D