Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anybody retro fitted electric folding mirrors to a facelift Z?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi all, some of you may know I've got monkeys old electric folding mirrors, he's sent me the mirror parts, the module and the window switch as seen below.

[IMG]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b56 ... w6g8uk.jpg[/IMG]

I've read some comments that the loom is present in the pre 2004 models but later models don't have the loom. My question is, what extra bits of wire loom do I need? I've read it's just a small part in the drivers door where the switch is? Could anybody confirm any of this?
Monkey has kindly offered that if anybody can confirm which extra part(s) are actually needed he may be able to take that part out aswel for me whilst his car is stripped down. The sooner I can get all this clarified I can strip mine down and sort it all out and get my mirrors back to monkey so he can put his back together and I don't cause him any delay!

Thanks in advance!

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 pm

Nobody on here attempted it by the look of it :cry:

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 pm

JINGLE wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 pm Nobody on here attempted it by the look of it :cry:
Someone did as i seem to remember reading about it.

I think they used that Indy where the guys name was Peter Van something, can't remember if it was here or Facebook he was always posting advice about flooded roof motors and the importance of keeping the drains clear.

Sorry its a bit vague but thats the best i can remember, actually it might be the guy that wired up Marlons cruise control but i could be wrong?

Hope this helps even though it sounds like the ramblings of a mad man, :w00t: :hattip:

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 am

Stuartt wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:02 pm
JINGLE wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 pm Nobody on here attempted it by the look of it :cry:

I think they used that Indy where the guys name was Peter Van something, can't remember if it was here or Facebook he was always posting advice about flooded roof motors and the importance of keeping the drains clear.

Sorry its a bit vague but thats the best i can remember, actually it might be the guy that wired up Marlons cruise control but i could be wrong?

Hope this helps even though it sounds like the ramblings of a mad man, :w00t: :hattip:

Stuart
It was Z4MO, thread is here

Rest easy, your madness is still contained, Stuart :P
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Stuart
I remember seeing them posts in the Facebook group about the roof motors! Will have a look and see if I can find the person and maybe drop them a a message :)

Looks like that's my best option ATM
Thanks!

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:31 pm

markeg wrote: ↑Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 am

Stuart
It was Z4MO, thread is here

Rest easy, your madness is still contained, Stuart :P
I'll look into that! Nice 1 thanks :)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm

The interior is mistly back in now buddy so not sure if I fancy taking it apart to get bits. If it's accessesable it's yours. But you will need to let me know what it looks like.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Machine monkey wrote: ↑Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:19 pm The interior is mistly back in now buddy so not sure if I fancy taking it apart to get bits. If it's accessesable it's yours. But you will need to let me know what it looks like.
As far as I'm aware, is just a loom in the drivers side door? I'm guessing it's the wire from the switch ? Will try and have a look tonight after work but I'm off to Germany at 4am for a stag so won't get a proper chance to check until I'm back Tuesday afternoon which might be too late. I'll get on the case as much as I can tonight and if it's too late it's too late, I'll just have to make do as best I can :driving: