Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jay's Z4 Project :: Updated & Pic Heavy ::

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by enzed4 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 am

Agree with the others - the calipers don't do the rest of the work justice, but the rest of your mods are superb. The Z4 headlights are the one thing I would love to change - to me, they date the car more than anything else (on the outside of the car). I've fitted the halos, and being facelift they don't have the orange indicator strips, but the shape of them almost seems like an afterthought to fit in the gap left between the bonnet, bumper and panels...
Still, if that's the worst thing I can think of, it's still a great car and I'm still loving it 4 years into ownership :thumbsup:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

ESP

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by ESP » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Again, i am going with majority against those covers although neat and tidy, they are very big compared with the disk size and possibly detract from the overall look of your car and its other nice modifications.
For around a £200 budget, you could fit E46 330 callipers up front with some neat drilled 325mm disks, and just paint the callipers silver or gunmetal maybe?

Just my opinion from previously having the same dilema's in the past, but each to there own. I know there will be modifications i have done to my Z4 that other people will turn there noses up to (and i dont care) but the brake think was one of my most satisfying decisions. 4 years on i still look at them and feel chuffed.
:)
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

Silverzedtom

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by Silverzedtom » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:17 am

Just read through this, this cars looking great :thumbsup:

The indicators look awesome :D Can't wait to see the rear diffuser! I have though about the same mod myself but have been a bit scared to cut into the rear bumper and get it all looking smooth.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

JINGLE

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by JINGLE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm

Great looking Z! You have given me a couple of ideas for my Z, and there's not much left to do to mine so that's a feat in itself haha!

Keep up the good work! :fuelfire:

thanatu55

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by thanatu55 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm

ESP wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm Again, i am going with majority against those covers although neat and tidy, they are very big compared with the disk size and possibly detract from the overall look of your car and its other nice modifications.
For around a £200 budget, you could fit E46 330 callipers up front with some neat drilled 325mm disks, and just paint the callipers silver or gunmetal maybe?

Just my opinion from previously having the same dilema's in the past, but each to there own. I know there will be modifications i have done to my Z4 that other people will turn there noses up to (and i dont care) but the brake think was one of my most satisfying decisions. 4 years on i still look at them and feel chuffed.
I like the caliper/brake combo idea thanks, gunmetal would tie everything in nicely with the grill and plate surround on the front. Definitely taking that one into consideration, just need to raise some funds again first before I can add to the list of jobs I've got left.

Silverzedtom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:17 am Just read through this, this cars looking great :thumbsup:

The indicators look awesome :D Can't wait to see the rear diffuser! I have though about the same mod myself but have been a bit scared to cut into the rear bumper and get it all looking smooth.
Yeah the diffuser is probably the riskiest job yet... but what's life without taking a few a few risks now and then? haha :rofl:

JINGLE wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:11 pm Great looking Z! You have given me a couple of ideas for my Z, and there's not much left to do to mine so that's a feat in itself haha!

Keep up the good work! :fuelfire:
Glad to be of service haha :thumbsup:

ESP

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by ESP » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Subject: Jay's Z4 Project....
thanatu55 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:55 pm
ESP wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:07 pm Again, i am going with majority against those covers although neat and tidy, they are very big compared with the disk size and possibly detract from the overall look of your car and its other nice modifications.

I like the caliper/brake combo idea thanks, gunmetal would tie everything in nicely with the grill and plate surround on the front. Definitely taking that one into consideration, just need to raise some funds again first before I can add to the list of jobs I've got left.
Hi mate.
I just wanted to throw some light on what i did to my Z about 3 years back now.

Bought these (didnt care about condition as i was going to recondition anyway)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-SERIES- ... Sw1WJZL-em
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... cyasmr.png[/IMG]

and bought these (virtually the same factory look as a M, but the wont rust (so better)) :thumbsup:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-330D-330C ... SwEppUQQh0
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... j7zcwr.png[/IMG]

Thats £193 TOTAL (although cheaper disks can be bought)
Just need pads. And when your stepping up spec like this you don't need expensive ones, the factory ones work fine (just look tiny). I got Pagid because in reviews they perform ok, but have a really good reputation for being low on dust.

BEFORE
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... 80ad8b.jpg[/IMG]

AFTER
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... 4924c6.jpg[/IMG]

BEFORE
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... 692f15.jpg[/IMG]

AFTER
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/ ... c08d01.jpg[/IMG]
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

Vanne

Jay's Z4 Project....

Post by Vanne » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:58 am

ESP, its been now more than a month in the photo bucket fiasco, and your still posting pics using the crap bucket?? please use a different hosting service.

Jay, Your blue roady is rather very lovely :D Glad you've rethought the calliper covers mate. :D

V.
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3