Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2nd time owner, think I got a bargain! :D :D - edited with pics

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Bing
Legend
Legend

2nd time owner, think I got a bargain! :D :D

Post by Bing » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:46 am

Welcome back - lovely car, and tbf if you paid the going rate for a car with zero issues then you've got a good deal :thumbsup:

Prices have certainly moved on though - I sold mine with 96k miles on it for £7,950 just over 3 years ago...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 am

So this beauty is getting a full detail and seal today and tomorrow, looking forward to sharing the before and after. Still on the look out for some 224s.....maybe some 108s - some deals may get done in the near future. Fingers crossed!
In the 3 months I've had it, this 42k 2007 has had 2,200 miles put on it! :D Sorry Car - appreciate you're not used to it! :driving:
Only fault found is a dodgy headlight washer (replaced) and a dead rear window heater - hopefully fixable. Very pleased so far.]

The MPG is pretty consistent too. I do semi-decent runs in it 200-260 motorway miles per trip, plus I did a full service + sparks on the 20th Aug. It's not made any discernible difference to the MPG (even though the air filter had 'manufactured in 2006' on it!) but we'll see if that changes over the next tank or two as I get an average. I've only put Shell V Power in from Day 1. Once I have a healthy number of tanks of that complete, I will switch to standard and track and differences - may even switch and try BP also.

Loving being back in the Z! If you've ever had one and then get your second - you wonder why you ever got rid of it!! :tumbleweed:
Attachments
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (152.33 KiB) Viewed 737 times
2nd Z4, Auction find, 2007 3.0si Sport, 45k, Silver Grey, 224 Alloys. Retro Cruise :thumbsup:
Previous: 2003, 2.5i Sport, Sterling Grey (2006-2010)

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 am

lovely car Hypergrade- dont know if youve noticed though, it doesnt have xenons - the headlight adjustment wheel is present on the dash as well as the lack of 'inner bollock' on the high beam bowl :thumbsup:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 am lovely car Hypergrade- dont know if youve noticed though, it doesnt have xenons - the headlight adjustment wheel is present on the dash as well as the lack of 'inner bollock' on the high beam bowl :thumbsup:
Tell me about it. I learned that news the first time I came to turn the lights on at night!!
I switched them on and was “these look a bit yellow!?” :headbang:

I had them on my old Z4, (so know how good they are and white) At the auction it wasn’t listed, but I saw the headlight jets, saw the ‘dome shaped internals of the headlights (which I’ve only ever seen on my previous Z) and put two and two together and assumed xenon.

One of the upsetting parts of the purchase, but I don’t do too much night driving.
2nd Z4, Auction find, 2007 3.0si Sport, 45k, Silver Grey, 224 Alloys. Retro Cruise :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:57 am

on the facelift the giveaway is the inner dome is also a projector, on pre-facelift xenons the high beam is still halogen :thumbsup:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ph001 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

I think the price you paid was fair to be honest - but like you say manual, low mileage Si in the right colour come up very infrequently so you have to jump pretty quick when they do. For what it's worth I LOVE that colour on the Zed and also one of the easiest to keep looking great.

Any mods planned? :poke:
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm

I think it was, I'd been watching AT for a while and nothing with those requirements came close. It is the best colour in my opinion. I've had a black e90 and a black Q5, and I've now promised myself it's dark grey all the way now!

No mods planned as yet....unless cruise counts. The cables from srhutch arrived this week, the stalk is in at the dealer £98! :)
I've got a Highway 500 DAB system sitting in my office, but I'm not sure how to do that in the Z....again, not really a mod in the terms this forum talks about. Just loving having a Z, the smell is the first thing that hits you, it's very distinctive and took me straight back to 2006 when I bought my first.

MT94

Post by MT94 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Lovely car im relatively new to the Zed as i got my first in may this year mines only a 2.2 but i love everything about it and it came with all the extras i wanted so had to be done i can definitely see why you bought another one. All the best.
Matt.
2004 E85 Z4 2.2i Titan Silver

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:51 am

Nice buy :)

3.0si roadsters are as rare as hens teeth seems there are only about 8-10 on sale at anytime on AT

Finding a good low mileage one is very difficult

Prices do seem to be holding up on them all there does seem to be some odd variations

Good ones don't seem to hang around .. although there are a couple of high priced high mikes ones that have been for sale for ages

I do t think you'll regret buying it I love mine :)

Mine just clicked over onto 44k last week

Welcome back to the forum
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 am

earthdweller wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:51 am Nice buy :)

3.0si roadsters are as rare as hens teeth seems there are only about 8-10 on sale at anytime on AT

Prices do seem to be holding up on them all there does seem to be some odd variations

Good ones don't seem to hang around .. although there are a couple of high priced high mikes ones that have been for sale for ages

Did you post on one of the facebook groups last night? Can't see your car very clearly here in your profile pic, but looks the same as mine.

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am

HyperGrade wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 am

Did you post on one of the facebook groups last night? Can't see your car very clearly here in your profile pic, but looks the same as mine.
I do frequent the z4 owners group on FB but I didn't put anything up last night

My car would be very similar to yours I'd say except mine is Titanium Silver rather than Silver Grey
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am

HyperGrade wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am
jamie_z4 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 am lovely car Hypergrade- dont know if youve noticed though, it doesnt have xenons - the headlight adjustment wheel is present on the dash as well as the lack of 'inner bollock' on the high beam bowl :thumbsup:
Tell me about it. I learned that news the first time I came to turn the lights on at night!!

I had them on my old Z4, (so know how good they are and white) At the auction it wasn’t listed, but I saw the headlight jets, saw the ‘dome shaped internals of the headlights (which I’ve only ever seen on my previous Z) and put two and two together and assumed xenon.

One of the upsetting parts of the purchase, but I don’t do too much night driving.
I swapped in Osram Night Breakers H7 12v 55w for the headlights and raised them from within the engine bay - they're no xenons but they will make a big difference to the standard candles.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am

This is mine :)
Attachments
IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG (670.17 KiB) Viewed 699 times

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 pm

earthdweller wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am

I do frequent the z4 owners group on FB but I didn't put anything up last night

My car would be very similar to yours I'd say except mine is Titanium Silver rather than Silver Grey
Ah yeah, theirs was the same colour as mine and 42k, not 44k! Durr. (close though!)

HyperGrade

Post by HyperGrade » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Marlon wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 am
HyperGrade wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 am

I swapped in Osram Night Breakers H7 12v 55w for the headlights and raised them from within the engine bay - they're no xenons but they will make a big difference to the standard candles.
Hmm interesting, thanks for that I'll take a look. Not sure what 'raised them from within the engine bay' means in actual terms. Is that something that'll affect the MOT?