Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

led light kit

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Rusky

led light kit

Post by Rusky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

I am thinking that the internal lights need a refresh so leds being the obvious choice, are there any kits out there that people would recommend? Also the two down lighters that shine onto the gear stick area, are these easy to change to a different colour? :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

led light kit

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:58 pm

The dome/submarine lighting is via two single LEDs, would just need soldering.

BMW do a kit but it's pricey. I've given up trying to do an interior upgrade because it's very difficult to get all the different base types to colour match.
The top ones are easy but you don't get as good a spread due to not using the reflector. If you have foot well lights then the output is reduced.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Rusky

led light kit

Post by Rusky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Cheers steve.
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

Ant

led light kit

Post by Ant » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 pm

are we talking about the lights at the rearview mirror you think needs soldering? or is it something else on mine it was just a matter of switching bulbs for white led versions, took 2mins max

can't remember the types i'll take a photo when i head out for petrol later if needs be

85genius

led light kit

Post by 85genius » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 pm

This is from when I did it, mine still working perfectly and total cost was less than £2.50!

Just checked the eBay listing is still active too

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92395
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny