Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Problem: Heater/AirCon/Heated Rear Screen not working (Transport mode?)

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
ESP

Post by ESP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Background: About 12 months ago I had a failing battery, so after a being caught out a couple of times I swapped it for a new one from ECP, but noticed after connecting it the car started suffering some wired symptoms.
Heated Rear window button (not working)
Air-conditioning (not working)
Heater blower control (not working)
Air-recirculation button (not working)

Just got my car back from the Dealers after having a Inspection 2, and feel a bit disheartened by their lack of help. I pointed these issues out upon dropping the car off, under the impression Inspection 2 involved a full diagnostics?

After some previous researching I was under the impression the symptoms the cars suffering is a common issue under the circumstances caused by a low powered or flat battery, causing the car to go into “Transport Mode”, this is my thoughts from what I have read.

So when I came to pick up the car I was a bit miffed that the service agent (salesman), who confirmed Aircon button wasn’t working (thanks, I knew that), dismissed/brushed over “Transport mode” and wanted to first, put the car in for a 1 hour diagnostics, which he said would be a good start, but might lead to lots of further investigation.

Eventually I am going to have to take it there (or a alternative) and pay for a diagnostic, but I want to know are my cars symptom’s definatly ‘Transport mode’? Does ‘Transport mode’ actually exist? Has anyone here had the same and what was there approach to BMW?
07 Sapphire Black Roadster.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm

If you put where abouts you are an how far your willing to travel I'm confident on this forum you can get this resolved before the end of the weekend , an probably only cost you some beer tokens
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

ESP

Post by ESP » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm

markplant wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm If you put where abouts you are an how far your willing to travel I'm confident on this forum you can get this resolved before the end of the weekend , an probably only cost you some beer tokens
Sounds like a confident challenge.
Im in Hertford Hertfordshire

ESP

Post by ESP » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 am

markplant wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:08 pm If you put where abouts you are an how far your willing to travel I'm confident on this forum you can get this resolved before the end of the weekend , an probably only cost you some beer tokens
:| you sure about that?

Any takers on this? :tumbleweed:

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:09 am

Def sounds like transport mode, surprised no-one near to you has popped up..

Mike

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markplant » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am

I'm sure Scooba_Steve is north London an very handy with the software might be worth a pm, maybe people on hols now schools out
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm

im junction 23 of M1 and will clear transport mode for free if you come to me.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

ESP

Post by ESP » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am

mac27040 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm im junction 23 of M1 and will clear transport mode for free if you come to me.
:) Thats a awesome response mate, thank you.
You almost 2 hours away, and i wouldn't be able to get there until weekend after next (5th / 6th August), so if no one else more local offers id like to take you up on the offer please?
:thumbsup:

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am

ESP wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am
mac27040 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm im junction 23 of M1 and will clear transport mode for free if you come to me.
You almost 2 hours away, and i wouldn't be able to get there until weekend after next (5th / 6th August), so if no one else more local offers id like to take you up on the offer please?
happy to help but if you wait till the 20th you could come to ZEDfest which is at mine!!! 180 cars attending
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

AndyD33

Post by AndyD33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Mate I had the exact same problem with my Zed I'm actually in Watford on Tuesday the 1st and could possibly pass by if you still need a hand..

ESP

Post by ESP » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:30 pm

mac27040 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:16 am
ESP wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am
happy to help but if you wait till the 20th you could come to ZEDfest which is at mine!!! 180 cars attending

Thanks mate, but i cant make 'ZEDfest' unfortunately.

AndyD33 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm Mate I had the exact same problem with my Zed I'm actually in Watford on Tuesday the 1st and could possibly pass by if you still need a hand..
Hey, thanks for the kind offer. :-)
I work in central London though, and don't normally get home until after 7PM. Are you around in the evening or just the day-time?

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:46 pm

Day or evenings I'm free but need to know which day as I'm always doing something

AndyD33

Post by AndyD33 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 pm

So I'm actually driving from Scotland down so probably be down around that time, I could possibly swing by en route to Watford, it's a quick job so wouldn't be around long I did mine in just under 10 mins, I can confirm tomorrow if that could work for you.

ESP

Post by ESP » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 am

AndyD33 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:49 pm So I'm actually driving from Scotland down so probably be down around that time, I could possibly swing by en route to Watford, it's a quick job so wouldn't be around long I did mine in just under 10 mins, I can confirm tomorrow if that could work for you.
That would be awesome if you can?
Does it sound like the symptoms are 'Transport mode' ?

ESP

Post by ESP » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 pm

This is my face right now:

Met Andy 'AndyD33' and with in about 5min he had the 'Transport mode' deleted, and every things working fine and back to normal, FINALLY.
Cheer's Andy, did me a huge favour. :thumbsup: :driving:

Its sealed and confirmed my suspicions that the 'BMW Service agents' (Sales men) at the dealership are just trying to rob us of as much workshop time (and money) as possible. Last year when this problem first happened everyone that recognised the symptoms said its 'Transport mode', but BMW denied all knowledge of, tried to make me look daft by bringing it up and mentioning it, and i believe they would have know this was the issues from the recent service, but wanted me to fork out £100 to "Investigate" with now firm guarantee of finding a solution.