Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hydraulic hose burst for roof...

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:29 pm

I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that I'd burst one of the hydraulic hoses for the roof, downside is....well none as far as I can see which has got me thinking.

I now push the button to lower the roof, it unlatches and I just pull it down from inside the car, then press the stow button and it locks in place, putting it up just push the button releases the locks and pull it up and latches shut.

Is there anything wrong with doing it this way as if not I'll just leave it as is or am I putting more stress and starin on latches etc?

Yours in quizzical wonderment
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 pm

No strain on the latches, but on the mag allloy frame that's not designed to be manually pulled up and down.
Get it fixed, or risk bigger problems
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 pm

Where has the hydraulic fluid gone? That stuff is bad news...
Last edited by enzed4 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Polluting the local waterways I think, when it burst it flooded out the drain hole with about a gallon of blocked drain water....... :(
Merlot 2.2i SE, so far new discs and pads, seats replaced, Cam cover replaced, Roof now fixed, new diff x3, new halfshafts, new drop links and other bouncy bits,

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:31 pm

If you've lost fluid that will definitely be a hose, unless you've managed to put a screwdriver through the reservoir.

Mike

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

it's a hose I think, was manually opening the roof using the toggle in the boot and it jammed, I got a tadge angry with it and pushed the roof to hard and it went pop

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Speak to jollyjoiner as he got one made recently
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:04 pm

£50 here, better quality than the £142+vat OEM one's, which are on back order in Germany anyway.. https://www.cabriolet-roof-hoses.com/

Mike

Wafoo

Post by Wafoo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up, will have to wait for a while as I need to get my every day hack Insignia a new engine as it appears to have seized, till then the poor old Zed is being used as everyday car, 5500 miles in two months...ouch