Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
-Tom-

Re: Z4 FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Post by -Tom- » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Unfortunately won't insure me until I've had the M for a year, having had the 3.0si for over a year previously :o I'm 27 with 7 years no claims. I'll try again next year though. Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:30 am

It'll depend which area of M22 and whether the car is kept on the drive or road or garaged.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

Talksthetorque

Post by Talksthetorque » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 pm

Well Done to Chris Knott by beating my Renewal quote by 10%.
Original renewal quote with AFlux was £516, Got them down to £360 by price matching the meerkat then gave CK an email and they beat it by 10%.
This, and the way things were dealt with was very good new business service.
I hope to find - next year - that CK have been working just as hard on my behalf when my first renewal comes through.

It really annoys me when you go through someone who call themselves a broker that they just pass on the renewal rather than shopping round on your behalf. I always thought a broker was working on your behalf with insurers, but nowadays it seems most of them don't shop around unless you ring up and tell them you're going somewhere else. :x

Anyway mini-rant over and very happy that the insurance industry now realises we are old and steady! :oops:

Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Don't hold your breath on this one.
My insurance renewal was the complete reversal of your experience.
Renewal quote from CK was high so I went to Adrian Flux who beat it by over 10%.
When I went to cancel with CK they said they would see what they could do. Too late I'm afraid.
Never mind next year it might all be reversed :roll:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Thank You from Chris Knott Insurance

Hi, we'd like to thank the members of the car club/forum community for their support of our special car insurance scheme. So far this year we've been amazed at the increase in members using our service to find the best deal - each month we've beaten our growth targets by a significant amount and that's down to you.

On a slightly different note, we do try to monitor the forums and keep up to date with any insurance questions out there but if we've missed any please feel free to flag them up again by PM and we'll make sure you get a response.

Thanks again for your custom and don't forget to try us this year when your renewal falls due. We won't be able to help everyone but we'll do all we can for as many of you as we can.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

FEEDBACK...

"Thanks a lot guys for saving me money on Car Insurance...!!! Both cars insured and over £400.00 saved in total..." Happy Matty. Slotty, Briskoda.net

"Went ahead with my Insurance renewal today with Chris Knott Insurance. Undercut my existing renewal quote by 10% over the phone before I could even approach the subject myself! Mod-friendly and polite service (Kim) Many Thanks guys." Av4nt, Audi-Sport.net

"Chris Knott have just halved my insurance! Result I say. Same cover as before and everything covered fully comp." Yorkshire007, Vectra-c.com

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi, just to let you know I'm away for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to reply to posts or PMs but I'll be back on 18/8.

In the meantime, please continue to call us for quotes. We've had a brilliant July and it's all down to car club/forum members like you picking up the phone.

Online v Phone
We know many of you like to get your quotes online but we're able to beat the price comparison sites if we can talk to you - we get a better feel for you over the phone and we can ask different questions to manually decide whether you're a good risk to take on and at what price. This benefits you far more than a simple "computer says yes, computer says no" scenario.

Pick up the phone and ask us to quote (Tel: 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477) - you'll be glad you did when we beat your best quote (which we currently do for almost 50% of all callers).

Multi-car households
If you have multi-car policies with the likes of Admiral, we can compete with these too. Those companies typically only have their own products to sell. We have access to a whole range of insurers and can pick the most appropriate one for each individual vehicle but still give you the benefit of a single renewal date and a single point of contact - call Chris Knott Insurance for your quote today.

Past experience
It may be that you've asked us to quote in the past and we weren't able to help. If that's the case it's definitely worth calling us again when your renewal falls due. With postcode relaxations and changes to driver age requirements in the last 12 months there's a good chance that we've dealt with whatever was preventing us from winning your business last time. And if price was the issue, please don't miss out on this one thing - we currently have insurers queuing up at our door for good, clean, car club/forum member drivers and they'll support us in doing whatever it takes to win the right cases.

You all know what insurance is like. Today's low rates may start to rise again tomorrow. Let's both make hay while the sun shines!

Give us a call on 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477 and mention this forum to see how much we can save you.

See you in a couple of weeks.

best regards,
Nick

More feedback found this week...

"CK have pulled out all of the stops to give me a great price this year! Well made up!" Ryan-H, R32 Owners Club

"I would also recommend you speak to Chris Knott for other types of insurance too. I recently moved my House Insurance and saved over £900 :) - with my car insurance that's £1400 I've saved this year by moving over." NeRo, zroadster.org

"Just want to say a huge thanks for the service you guys have provided so far. The exhaust mod has been added free of charge. Really pleased with how you operate." raymondbowon, FocusSTOC.com

"Very impressed with the service and for beating my renewal quote by a healthy margin. Also insured my Favorit through yourselves as the policy was £200 cheaper than anywhere else! I'm very impressed and hopefully I will keep using you guys in future. Thanks." pierst1, Briskoda.net

"Another new customer here, they saved me about £85 on the renewal price, happy days...." fabmar, FiestaST OC

californiagirl

Post by californiagirl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Just wanted to say despite the fact that you couldn't insure our new Z4, Rebecca was extremely helpful and sorry she couldn't help. You have made me feel very young as I don't have enough experience with a sportscar, not something I usually hear!

Your GAP insurance price looks very competitive so I may still be calling you back. Thank you again and I will be calling next year

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:29 am

Our requirement is 12 months experience of the car or one of similar performance. With the Z4 that means RWD experience too. I'm guessing that was the issue?

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 pm

It has come to our attention that some forum members think we are linked with one of the other insurance providers out there because a name similar to ours appears against transactions on their bank statements.

So we wanted to make it clear, for the avoidance of doubt, that there is NO commercial relationship between us and any of the other providers on car club forums.

Actually there is good natured competition between all the providers on the forums and we come across each other often. But we are all completely separate, so you should always call Chris Knott Insurance for a quote and shouldn't think you've heard our quote just because you've called one of the other firms.

Chris Knott's quoteline is 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477. Please quote your unique club code to make sure you receive the full benefit.

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi, wondering if you could help...

im off to buy myself a shiny new 2008 2.0l BMW Z4 tomorrow.
i currently have 3 years no claims and im about 8 months into my current plan so when/if i purchase the car i will be looking to call up my existing provider (Hastings) and seeing what they offer me and assuming the difference is acceptable i will pay the difference and see out my policy until March next year......
But what this means is that come March 2015 when my insurance is up for renewal i will be 31(current age) with 4 years no claims BUT only 4 months driving experience with a Z4.. (think i saw somewhere i would need 6 months??) would this be an issue or would you be able to sort something out do you think?

thanks, Jamie

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:42 am

Hi Jamie,

It'll depend on what you have been driving recently. If it's something comparable we can probably help. Otherwise you'd need 12 months experience of the car I'm afraid. Maybe next year?

best,
Nick

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Three reasons to call Chris Knott this December...

1. HIGHLY COMPETITIVE QUOTES
The club/forum scheme is going really well at the moment. We're helping more of you than ever before because insurers are giving their respected brokers more room to move on price. This means we can respond to some of the quotes we would have previously had to turn away as too cheap for the risk.

2. DECEMBER'S PRIZE DRAW
November's prize proved so popular that we're going to offer the same for December - a £100 Amazon Voucher.

Simply ask us to quote for a car we don't yet insure, during December, and we'll enter you for the draw to take place in early January.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 / 01424 200477

You can get quotes for January policies in December too, so please include Chris Knott Insurance in your quote search if you're due then - you could WIN a £100 Amazon Voucher.

3. YEAR-ROUND OFFER
If you're an existing Chris Knott client there's a permanent money-saving offer for you too:

Get your friends and family members to call us for a quote on their car insurance. When they go ahead with cover we'll give you £20 OFF your own renewal for each one. This is not just a Christmas offer - it runs all year round. There's no limit to the number of people you can refer or the amount that you can have credited to your own insurance account.

Ask your friends and family to quote reference RAF480 when they call and we'll sort the rest.

TESTIMONIALS

We're still coming up with the goods for club/forum members:

"Chris Knott just saved me £170 on renewal so I didn't bother phoning around anyone else. My premium went up year after year until I called Chris Knott last year. My renewal last year with Aviva went up £300, Chris Knott got me a renewal price £10 cheaper than what I was already paying on the current policy so saved £310 in total. And they kept me with Aviva. Chris Knott got me a deal with Aviva cheaper than Aviva could." sidibear, audi-sport.net

"Just to say a big thank you to Chris Knott Insurance. By far the best price and really easy to deal with. I also had to change details after having received the quote but it was no trouble for them at all. I had 1 year less no claims than I originally stated, but they honoured the same price! Legends. Thanks again." rick6, MPS Owners Club

"Called Chris Knott's today and saved 23% over my renewal quote from XXXXXX XXXX. Very pleased, my LHD import with modifications was no problem for the lady (Tabitha) on the phone. Great service, very pleased." SFIAC, ZRoadster forum

meditek

Post by meditek » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 am

I have noted over the years that renewals are usually a lot more than they should be eg the RAC wanted to bump it by £200 last year but a visit to confused.com got me in with Hastings at £265 for my Z4 35i fully comp, £0 Vol excess max 5000m/year. This price bumping on renewal seems to be the norm these days, presumably a lot of people simply pay it!
David

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 am

With many providers the renewal bears no resemblance to the first year's quote because the renewal is pitched nearer the true market rate and the initial quote was what they had to do to win the business in the first place.

Our rates are pretty consistent if nothing has changed in your circumstances during the year - no major fluctuations.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm

***UPDATE: 2015 with CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE***

Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks so much for your custom in 2014, especially in response to the Chris Knott Prize Draws at the tale end of the year. I'm pleased to announce that December's winner was Mrs D Woodfin from Bolton. She bagged herself a £100 Amazon Voucher and all she did was ask us for a quote.

During the early part of this year we're aiming to start negotiations with the companies on our insurer panel to alter the scheme access criteria, allowing us to quote competitively for even more car club/forum members. We'll keep you posted as things develop.

As things stand many car club/forum members are saving money every day but we'd obviously like more members to be able to benefit from calling Chris Knott Insurance. In just the last week we've signed up another 12 forums - forums who've heard good things about Chris Knott and want their members to be able to access great car insurance deals too.

If you'd like us to quote when your modified or standard car is due for renewal please call the Chris Knott Club Line on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and mention this forum to receive the full benefit.

Remember, if we couldn't beat your quote before the reason may now have passed, especially if you were just a bit too young for the scheme when you called us. Please include us again in the mix this year.

best,
Nick

Testimonials received in the last month:

"Once again you guys have destroyed XXXX's quote so I'm in for my 3rd year with you starting Christmas Day (I have no idea how that happened)." Nick6425, West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club

"Best quote, all signed up :)" logrunner, Juke Owners Group

"Thanks guys and a Happy New Year to you all too. As above thanks for another unbeatable renewal, cheers." Paul Truslove, Facebook

"I will be joining Chris Knott Insurance shortly. They beat my best quote, and smashed my renewal by £232." Paul, AudiRS3oc.com

"ChrisKnottIns - just taken out a policy with the company. Beat my renewal by £1500. Cannot complain 1 bit." chrisbab89, West Midlands Vauxhall Owners Club