Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4-Forum INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:23 am

DLT222 wrote:So... Looking for a ZM Coupe which means looking at insurance.

Been driving high end cars since I was 18 now nearly 40. Owned 2 911's a C4S 997 & C4 RuF 964, have 8 years PNCD as lived out of the UK before that, insurance coming up for the ZMC at £430 with an excess of £500...

The bit that intrigues me is this from Chris Knott...

"All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that car including RWD experience."

So what your saying is that if I have not had the ZMC for a year and never driven a RWD (luckily I have & plenty) you won't insure me? PLUS... your saying that anyone thats just passed their test a year ago and rushed out to by a RWD performance car will only have one years driving experience in that car... Qualifies? But the guy who has had a whole host of cars and driven for work, F40's, Carrera GT's, Diablo's and while I'm on, the first ever Pagani Zonda F Roadster off production can't get insured on a ZMC because I don't have one years experience in that car, how could I? Im just looking to buy the thing now!
If you have equivalent experience that's fine but if you were coming from a Mondeo to a Z4 for example with no experience of RWD or that type of performance we couldn't quote in that first year of ownership, however long you'd been driving generally. It's set by insurers to protect the scheme from inexperienced people wrapping performance cars round trees first time out.

Our updated criteria (from May) is here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87136 - which gives a clearer explanation.

best,
Nick
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

DLT222

Post by DLT222 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:03 am

ChrisKnottIns wrote:
DLT222 wrote:So... Looking for a ZM Coupe which means looking at insurance.

Been driving high end cars since I was 18 now nearly 40. Owned 2 911's a C4S 997 & C4 RuF 964, have 8 years PNCD as lived out of the UK before that, insurance coming up for the ZMC at £430 with an excess of £500...

The bit that intrigues me is this from Chris Knott...

"All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that car including RWD experience."

So what your saying is that if I have not had the ZMC for a year and never driven a RWD (luckily I have & plenty) you won't insure me? PLUS... your saying that anyone thats just passed their test a year ago and rushed out to by a RWD performance car will only have one years driving experience in that car... Qualifies? But the guy who has had a whole host of cars and driven for work, F40's, Carrera GT's, Diablo's and while I'm on, the first ever Pagani Zonda F Roadster off production can't get insured on a ZMC because I don't have one years experience in that car, how could I? Im just looking to buy the thing now!
If you have equivalent experience that's fine but if you were coming from a Mondeo to a Z4 for example with no experience of RWD or that type of performance we couldn't quote in that first year of ownership, however long you'd been driving generally. It's set by insurers to protect the scheme from inexperienced people wrapping performance cars round trees first time out.

Our updated criteria (from May) is here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87136 - which gives a clearer explanation.

best,
Nick

Nick

Looking at the current T&Cs I 'Qualify' so i will give you a call later and see if you can beat the quotes I'm getting.

Will asses from there.
Omega Speedmaster collector, finder, buyer & seller.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

Great, thanks very much for the opportunity. Please mention all the cars you've owned and those you've driven for work as proof of experience, when you call.

N

DLT222

Post by DLT222 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:36 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:Great, thanks very much for the opportunity. Please mention all the cars you've owned and those you've driven for work as proof of experience, when you call.

N

All the cars??

My god it will be a long phone call!

F40
F50
Enzo
Carrera GT
Pagan Zonda F Roadster
Miura
Diablo VT
Diable SE30 Jota (one of only 6 factory cars)
911 Carrara 2.7 rs x 3
964 Turbo & Turbo S
993 Turbo
997 Turbo
991 Turbo
Lambo Murci LP640

You catch my drift... we will be here all day! I will mention a few though.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 pm

yeah, that's what i meant - just a few to satisfy the experience requirement. cheers.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:00 pm

UPDATE: Current savings data from Chris Knott

Hi guys, I was just looking at some MI and a couple of figures really stood out. I believe they're powerful reminders of why members should include Chris Knott when looking for car insurance quotes...

The first one is where customers have told us their existing insurer's renewal quote Chris Knott has been quoting an average of £230.12 less than their renewal - that represents a 37.12% average saving.*

Even when we compare our quotes with their supplied best quote (including those on comparison websites) it's still a worthwhile saving - an average of £54.89 less than the best available alternative (11.94%)**

If you'd like to save money on both what you're paying now and the best out there in the market make sure you include Chris Knott Insurance in the mix at quote time.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

best,
Nick

* I compared the year-to-date total of all supplied renewal prices against the total of the CKI quotes on those and divided by the number of quotes. I included all quotes whether the customer ended up taking the policy or not.

** I compared the year-to-date total of all supplied best quotes (renewal or alternative) against the total of the CKI quotes on those and divided by the number of quotes. I included all quotes whether the customer ended up taking the policy or not.

PS. Don't forget you can enter our draw for 2x VIP tickets to the Performance Car Show at the NEC if you receive a car quote before 1 December 2016.

Recent client testimonials also reflect our money-saving ability:

"Just took out a policy with you for my new fiesta ST200 which I'm collecting in a few days time. Miles cheaper than the price Ford quoted me as part there drive away insurance and nearly £100 cheaper than I'm paying now on a fiesta ST3. One happy New customer." John74, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"Did a quote; quote came out better than any comparison site figure, and I'm now insured through yourselves! Nice to speak to someone on the end of the phone that was able to answer my questions so quickly. Great service! Thanks!" Ryanfsr, Briskoda

"Just got a quote off Chris Knott for a W202 C220 CDi and it was actually lower than all the search engines! They've been good to me in the past with my Volvo 850 and V70 T5 CD Autos so will always use them. Cheers guys :)" RGM, Mercedes-Benz Owner forum

"Chris Knott Review - Give them a go! That dreaded time of year... insurance renewal! It all started off with a comedy email from Admiral about my multicar renewal... a healthy £500 more than last year :lol: So I did the usual "new customer" thing with them and it still wasn't great... Then did the comparison site and a few better quotes came up... Then I decided to give Chris Knott a bash and see what they could do. Best decision I made! Rang their number (0800 917 2274) and quoted our CLUB CODE: MAZ-216 and had a good chat with the nice lady Rebecca on the other end. After we'd gone through all the details she gave me a pretty decent quote, competitive with the cheapest I'd already found. I did however want breakdown as well on the 2 cars and so she asked me to leave it with her and she'd email me in the morning with the best she could do. Well... I was happy to open that email! Not only had she got me the breakdown for the 2 vehicles but she'd beaten the price even more! Very happy with the service and prices and so I have taken out 2 policies with them this year... one for myself and one for my wife :) Give them a shot guys and see what they can do for you. Very helpful and you don't get pushed into a long queue to get through to a call center in a country you can't understand! Not just that but if any of you do take out a policy with our club code (MAZ-216) then the club gets some commission which will go directly into the pot for keeping this site up and running :) Let me know how you get on if you give them a go." Ross, Mazda6 Owners Club

"Easiest car insurance I have had in 40 years. Even an added mod recently was sorted with just one email and a reply within 24 hours. Awesome!" Shel, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club

DLT222

Post by DLT222 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Number is dead.... :tumbleweed:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 pm

That's weird. It may have been a temporary glitch. Unfortunately, we were closed that day so we'd be trying to find a problem after it's sorted itself. Did you get through in the end? Can I help?

best,
Nick

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 pm

UPDATE: Best way to get a quote from Chris Knott

Hi all, you're great at asking Chris Knott for quotes via the callback form on our website - thank you.

I just wanted to make a request though - PLEASE CAN YOU PHONE US INSTEAD if you're after an instant quote. It's the quickest and easiest process for both of us and ensures you get your special club scheme quote when you want it, at a time that's convenient.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

Though we do respond to the web forms quite quickly, often we get an answerphone or no answer at all and then you have to ring us anyway. You can see how it's not ideal - it means we're catching you at a time that's NOT convenient.

We leave an answerphone message and follow up with an email but we don't want to miss the opportunity to give you a competitive quote through the club/forum's special scheme. Phoning us first and then only using the form as a last resort should make it easier for you to get a winning Chris Knott quote.

Thanks for your help in this - it'll work out better for both of us.

best,
Nick

PS. It may simply be that you don't recognise the caller ID when we call you - keep an eye out for our outbound number: 01424 200477.

Testimonials
More car club/forum members who are happy with their quotes from Chris Knott:

"@ChrisKnottIns many thanks for your help with insurance for my new toy! #saabclub #saab" Neal Ashwangler, Saab Owners Club GB

"Chris Knott cheapest by far even with cat back exhaust declared." Tony McKortel, SeatCupra.net

"Unbeatable Quote. Thanks again for sorting my insurance. Straightforward job. Beat my quotes from other firms and matched like for like. Rang back when you said you would and also spoke via PM on here. Can't fault the service so far. Cheers." GarryK, BabyBMW.net

"Just wanted to say how impressed I am being a first-time customer with yourselves. A very friendly and professional chap named Ian dealt with me from initial quote right through to setting up my new car policy. OK, granted you do need to provide a fair bit of info and it's the first time I can recall ever having to input details into the DVLA website to generate a 'driver code' and scanning numerous things etc but hey-ho. With all mods declared, a named driver and my protected NCB you beat the neighbours by nearly £60. I'm not one for calling other companies and although they did try and were very aware of my custom of 2 years, I was swayed to jump ship. Couldn't say no really." LordRaiden84, Briskoda

"Looks like I will get my insurance from you. Phoned today and got better quote than my renewal. Took reference number and will call back on Monday to get it done. Really was cheaper. Thanks." imtattoo80, VWAudi Forum

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 am

So I'm assuming that you would not cover me at my cr7 postcode with car kept on the road outside the house?

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm

There's no specific exclusion on that at your postcode, Buckz. If the rest of the risk is good it shouldn't be a problem. Please give us a call at renewal or PM me your number and we'll call you :)

best,
Nick

Cyber_hawk

Post by Cyber_hawk » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Just called up for a quote. Doing it all by phone is beautifully antiquated however there was a refreshing degree of honesty with the process.

In my case they could match any sensible quote and were honest that if i wanted the bare minimum I might be able to get it marginally cheaper but highlighted the coverage differences. The break down cover similarly has some pretty good terms for the price.

Waiting on my old insurer (£650 more expensive) to post out the paperwork.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks for your feedback, @Cyber_hawk

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi,

The BBC News website reports:
"Drivers saw their car insurance premiums rise by an average of £110 in the last year, a comparison site says. More expensive repairs and recent government changes to injury payouts pushed up annual insurance costs by 16%, according to Confused.com. It found drivers paid on average £781 on comparison sites for a comprehensive policy in the year to March 2017. Average premiums are set to rise to a record high and could pass £1,000 next year, it added. Newer vehicles have seen some of the biggest rises, because their increasingly complex electronics have made repairs more expensive...

...The Confused [dot] com research...checks more than four million car insurance quotes."

I just wanted to let you know that the Chris Knott average premium through the club insurance scheme is much lower than that reported on the comparison sites.

In March 2016, Chris Knott's average premium was less than half that at £369. This March (2017) it was £399 - just a £30 increase and still majorly more economical than £781. There's definitely something beneficial for members in using the club scheme through Chris Knott then.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 - please call us at renewal.

If that's before 1st June you'll also gain entry in the Chris Knott 'British F1 Grandstand Tickets' Prize Draw.

best,
Nick

Recent testimonials from CK customers across the car enthusiast community...

"£367 cheaper than my renewal from flux, £65 cheaper with no limited mileage & all mods covered after shopping around. I am a happy bunny thanks." G30001, R32 Owners Club

"Had my quote matched today so new CK customer on Saturday as of renewal time. Covers all the mods that are planned from the stockpile of parts in the garage that have been collected over the last few months... Spoken to 3 different ladies (Tabitha, Kathy (of Legend) and Rebecca) and the level of customer service has been consistently brilliant with everything being understood first hand and not needing to explain what each mod is." benmellor, GT86/BRZ Drivers Club

"Thank you Daryl for matching a cheaper quote from another insurance company. Guess I will be staying with Chris Knott for another year. :)" Jon Dixon, Facebook

"I may need to hop back to chris knott insurance when my renewal comes through early next month, made the mistake of hopping over to a cheaper provider who has extortionate admin fees." sliced, Audi-Sport.net

"Recently taken a policy out with Chris Knott due to the very competitive quote. I needed to call them to change my reg number as I added my private plate to my car, I braced myself for the "well there's a charge for this and a charge for that" as experienced from other insurance companies, but no! Gave them the new number and that was that, no charge! Well done, credit where it's due!! stchris356, BimmerForums

TIGERPOOL87

Post by TIGERPOOL87 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:34 am

Just called for a new quote, best price prior on comparison websites was £1100, Chris Knott quoted over £3000!!

Do you research before contacting I suggest.