Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Am I eligible?

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Simms92

Am I eligible?

Post by Simms92 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:09 am

BMW Z4 3.0si 2007 Coupe

Age 23, 5 years no claims.

Currently paying £500.

ChrisKnottIns

Re: Am I eligible?

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi, I'm afraid not. On a zed you'd need to be 25. Sorry about that.

Best,
Nick
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm 29 and just got turned down for lack of experience in a powerful RWD car......every single mainstream insurer is fine and even comes out cheaper than my modded MX5. Not overly impressed!

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

The reason the scheme is so good for the majority is that the insurers resist attracting the riskier cases. The RWD experience is an important rating factor that protects the scheme in this way. We'll be great for you next year I'm sure but sorry we couldn't help you this year.

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:33 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:The reason the scheme is so good for the majority is that the insurers resist attracting the riskier cases. The RWD experience is an important rating factor that protects the scheme in this way. We'll be great for you next year I'm sure but sorry we couldn't help you this year.
I've never actually been quoted by you, but will be giving you a call this week...

I assume you have a thread with your criteria somewhere?

Oh, you've got to be north of 30?? :o :o :o

Surely most people by that age struggle to get in and out of something like a z4? :poke:
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:37 pm

RJS-Z4 wrote:
ChrisKnottIns wrote:The reason the scheme is so good for the majority is that the insurers resist attracting the riskier cases. The RWD experience is an important rating factor that protects the scheme in this way. We'll be great for you next year I'm sure but sorry we couldn't help you this year.
I've never actually been quoted by you, but will be giving you a call this week...

Surely most people by that age struggle to get in and out of something like a z4? :poke:
Oi cheeky I am 34 1/2 and can get in and out quite fine thanks!!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:42 pm

RJS-Z4 wrote: I've never actually been quoted by you, but will be giving you a call this week...

The 30 age limit is an old one. I've updated the original post to reflect the current criteria (age 25) - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7451&p=114196#p114196

We did update members with the postcode relaxations, age relaxations and bhp relaxations as they occurred.

:)

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:
RJS-Z4 wrote: I've never actually been quoted by you, but will be giving you a call this week...

The 30 age limit is an old one. I've updated the original post to reflect the current criteria (age 25) - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7451&p=114196#p114196

We did update members with the postcode relaxations, age relaxations and bhp relaxations as they occurred.

:)
Thanks for the update, I'll call later in the week.

Knew I wasn't going crazy though, your sticky post:

"Last edited by ChrisKnottIns on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total."
Titanium Silver E85 Mods Done - 224's, Stubby, Amarone //M seats, ZHP, Retrofitted Wind Deflector, Aux In

RJS-Z4

Post by RJS-Z4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Machine monkey wrote:
RJS-Z4 wrote:

Oi cheeky I am 34 1/2 and can get in and out quite fine thanks!!!
That's a matter of opinion, gramps! ;)

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:54 pm

RJS-Z4 wrote: Thanks for the update, I'll call later in the week.

Knew I wasn't going crazy though, your sticky post:

"Last edited by ChrisKnottIns on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total."
Yeah that's right, you prompted me to check the original post we made on Day 1 and make sure it was now correct. Thanks for the prompt.

Nick

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 am

The thing is I've got RWD experience, over 4 years of owning my own but apparently as it was only a 1.6 (no traction control, ABS, stability control etc) it doesn't count. Can I ask what you class as powerful enough to have owned to count as experience, out of interest?

P.S I'm not expecting you to change your decision, it is just an odd one that I don't understand given that the average hot hatch nowadays has more power than a Z4!

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:23 am

thecremeegg wrote:
The thing is I've got RWD experience, over 4 years of owning my own but apparently as it was only a 1.6 (no traction control, ABS, stability control etc) it doesn't count. Can I ask what you class as powerful enough to have owned to count as experience, out of interest?

P.S I'm not expecting you to change your decision, it is just an odd one that I don't understand given that the average hot hatch nowadays has more power than a Z4!
Are they saying they wont insure you full stop or that you arnt eligible for the forum scheme?

GingerNinja

Post by GingerNinja » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:38 am

Same thing happened to me when I got my Z two years ago. I was 40 with 6 years NCD, having been driving a 1.8 sport mx5 as my daily drive. Previous to that, all be it some time ago, I've had a 2.0 Manta & for short while a TR7 V8.
Got told they couldn't quote me as I didn't have enough experience behind a powerful RWD car. Go figure. :headbang:
Ended up getting a great multi car deal for my Z, the wife's Honda & my sons first car.
TBH I won't be asking for a quote again, as I felt quite insulted.
Such a shame as I had been using the MX5 clubs deal with Footman James and it seemed logical to do the similar with the Z. :|
Never take life too seriously, nobody ever gets out alive!
2007 3.0si Roadster, Stratus Grey, Dream Red Leather, 18" mv2's in Anthracite & a huge stupid grin :-P

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:57 pm

bluestreak56 wrote:
thecremeegg wrote:

Are they saying they wont insure you full stop or that you arnt eligible for the forum scheme?
Full stop! Don't think they even asked my age!

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:54 am

The insurers are looking for equivalent experience, so similar power (plus RWD) to the Z.