Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to get a great car insurance deal in 2016

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:53 pm

How to get a great car insurance deal in 2016...

Hi,

It's always good to know if there are special deals to be had. Maybe deals that are not available to Joe Public. The Chris Knott Insurance scheme is one such deal that rewards car enthusiasts with better car insurance rates just for having joined up with this club/forum.

OK, so what's the deal? What makes it different to all the other car insurance providers?

Well, the insurers on our panel believe that you'll be a better risk than the average driver. So they'll allow us to do all we can (within set criteria) to attract you, including offering very competitive rates. Does it work? You bet it does!...

Today, I was looking at the figures for last month and was really pleased to see that our overall quote acceptance rate was 48%. That means we were the best for 48% of the people who called us. That's astonishingly good.

I dug further and found that (again in December) we retained 81% of clients at their renewal so it's not a case that we hook you in with a cheap rate and then hike it later.

Of course, price isn't everything but it's a major factor in choosing the next insurer for your pride and joy. Where we can we'll offer you a quote that's better than anything else you can find out there and that may involve you telling us what your best alternative is. As I said, the insurers on our panel will often be flexible on their price to win you (and keep you).

In addition to great rates we also reward the clubs that we work with. Where they're interested, we pay commission for each policy sold to a member and we pay again at each renewal. This helps to cover the running costs of the club/forum. Last year we paid over £92k in commission to clubs/forums to say thank you for working with us to encourage members to at least try us for a quote.

Will you try us and see how much you can save with the Chris Knott Car Club Insurance scheme? Check out the testimonials below from other happy car club members. Did I mention that we're mod-friendly too?

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

We're working hard to save you money and give something back to the club/forum when we do. So please pick up the phone when your renewal falls due and request your special 'club member' quote.

best,
Nick

PS. Don't forget that we also offer you multi-buy discounts, loyalty rewards and a 'recommend a friend' scheme. We're offering you and the car enthusiast community more than the average insurance provider will. Please call us on 0800 917 2274 for your no-obligation quotation.

Recent Testimonials - there are alot of them so I don't expect you to read them all but you'll get the idea:

"Well after seemingly endless calls to various companies (many I've used in recent years but some new) to get the V70R back on the road, it looks like I've got a deal!... Modern policies were sky high, as I've just turned 25… and as I'm not going to use it as my every day car, I can't use my 6 years NCB on quotes. Just got off the phone with Kim at Chris Knott, and they're covering me for £445 on a modern policy (so it can earn its own NCB) fully comp. Very helpful, and VOC get a few quid out of the deal as well!" Warninglight, Volvo Owners Club

"Just renewed my 4.2 A8 with you. Good price, good sales rep (Ian)." alanyork, Audi-Sport forum

“Another "quote me happy" customer. Easily the most competitive this year. You were not able to cover me last year, due to only 2 months experience with a RWD car, but thankful I gave you a call this year. Thanks again to Kim who was very professional and took me through everything in the right amount of detail.” James Durbin, Z4 Forum

"Great quote & service from Rebecca @Chris_Knott_Ins - will be back with the other 2 cars for you to quote next month." Jason Adderley, Twitter

“Better Rates. Time for my first renewal since acquiring my 2012 S Class so compared my old insurers quotes with compare the market and found a cheaper price. Then tried Chris Knott who both matched the best quote and offered me an extra £20 off so I have accepted it.” Nicholas15, Mercedes-Benz Owners Forum

“I found CK well priced and very clued up on mods, would recommend.” mark-in-stoke, GT86 Owners Club

“Not only were the team helpful when I came to renew my insurance, over £200 less than my previous insurance company who I’ve been with for many years, but even when closed they managed to help me on Boxing Day by using their Facebook messaging service. I would highly recommend these guys and have several friends who have taken out policies.” Mathew Watson, Facebook

“Not often I'm this impressed but the service I received today from Ian at Chris Knott was second to none. Not only were they open this morning (2nd Jan) but the quote was very competitive, fast, and the transaction went through immediately trouble free. I was able to tax the new convertible online within minutes of coming off the phone to Ian. Really impressed, Thanks.” Jimmylegs, Celica Club

“Called up again today to inform them of the pending OBX 4-2-1 manifold going on. "No problem, that's the policy updated for you". Cloud 9. Must have been about the 10th call to them to makes changes over the term so far, certainly been 3 in the last 2 months what with the lowering springs etc. No charge again. Thank you.” Lexo, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

ChrisKnottIns

Re: How to get a great car insurance deal in 2016

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Apparently car insurance rates have risen by £100 over the last year (Daily Mail article).

If you find that your renewal with your existing provider has gone up please give us a call to see if we can beat your quote with our special car club member scheme. The scheme performs even better when the rest of the market is putting prices up (see feedback below).

We love car club members and we're mod-friendly too.

Please request a quote using one of the following methods:

1. Call 0800 917 2274 and mention this club/forum;

Phone is best as you'll be calling us when it's convenient to talk. With the other methods it's a bit hit or miss whether you can talk when we call.

2. Text QUOTE ME to 61211;

3. Complete our brief Callback Form at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote

Thanks,
Nick

TESTIMONIALS
The fresh feedback keeps flowing in. Here is some more gathered in recent days:

“Cheapest quote I have had so far by £22” Little_ant, Integra Type-R DC2 forum

"I went with Chris Knott and the service I was given was fantastic together with a great quote on my ST and a fantastic quote on the wife's Kuga (beat the comparison sites)." ###simon###, Fiesta ST Owners Club

"I was pleased with the quote and deal I received when insuring mine with you a couple of weeks ago. Thank you." Marshy, AudiRS3OC

"I got a very good modified car insurance policy through Chris Knott and find them very helpful whenever I contact them." Robbo1987, FiestSTOC

“There's lots of good feedback from Chris Knotts on here. It's great to see, and makes a refreshing change to hear positivity about an Insurance Company.” Leonardo, Hyundai Coupe Owners Club

"Two cars insured with your good selves here. I'm hoping I stay with you at renewal too." T-800, AudiRS3 Owners Club

Mark555

Post by Mark555 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:38 pm

Reply, Chris???????????? :rofl:

Greg 01

Post by Greg 01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:01 am

+ 1 :thumbsup:
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi, sorry for the delay - I've been away for a fortnight.

This forum is in our top 10 out of around 200, so many members are happy with our quotes. There are some for whom we cannot quote or the rates are not good enough but then you'll never find one single provider who can quote competitively for 100% of the membership. Clearly they'd insure everyone and no insurer can claim that privilege.

Mark555

Post by Mark555 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:00 am

Well members need to shop around! Your prices ARE excessive no matter where a customer lives. You are using nothing more than excuses to justify your high prices to prospective new customers. I still maintain that your quote to me of £550 was GROSSLY excessive and quite literally, an insult. YOU CANNOT COMPETE WITH THE MAIN STREAM INSURERS.

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 am

Yes members do need to shop around and they should include us in the mix. Our quote for YOU wasn't competitive but you're not in position to comment on whether we're competitive per se. Let members decide for themselves when they have the facts i.e their own quote. We'll win some, we'll lose some - as I said if we could beat every quote we'd insure the whole country.

Oh, and we're a broker so they're not our prices but those of the insurers on our panel.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Mark555 wrote:But if you lowered your brokerage fee.............

Why would anyone want to buy insurance through a broker? Cut out the middle man, save a packet and GO DIRECT :roll:
What I have found is that brokers only use insurance companies that don't deal direct with the public. Bit of a pain, as for both the Golf and the Tractor, the broker fees almost make up 30% of the insurance costs!
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:12 pm

I don't understand the added value to be honest. Online always works best for me, so why some companies don't want you to use them online is beyond me.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 am

Wish we were earning 30%. The rates through brokers are adjusted by the insurers so that the commission comes off, not added on. And one of the key benefits of going through a broker is that you've got someone between you and the insurer in case things go wrong. Otherwise you're on your own, fighting your own battles.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:55 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:Wish we were earning 30%. The rates through brokers are adjusted by the insurers so that the commission comes off, not added on. And one of the key benefits of going through a broker is that you've got someone between you and the insurer in case things go wrong. Otherwise you're on your own, fighting your own battles.
Most brokers will be on 10-12.5% of the premium before IPT, plus of course any "fees" an underwriting agent/broker could be on upto 20%, but they are scarce now as the insurers look to maximise their own profits. Personally, I have my motor trade policy through a Lloyds broker that charges me a flat £25 on the renewal, with no fees for "adjustments" I have been quoted lower elsewhere (by £50-£100 on a £900 premium) BUT, I know I can call up the office, speak to the same person and have what I want done there and then. This for me is worth the small "fee" associated with using a broker.

Mike

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:19 am

Ducklakeview wrote:
ChrisKnottIns wrote:Wish we were earning 30%. The rates through brokers are adjusted by the insurers so that the commission comes off, not added on. And one of the key benefits of going through a broker is that you've got someone between you and the insurer in case things go wrong. Otherwise you're on your own, fighting your own battles.
Most brokers will be on 10-12.5% of the premium before IPT, plus of course any "fees" an underwriting agent/broker could be on upto 20%, but they are scarce now as the insurers look to maximise their own profits. Personally, I have my motor trade policy through a Lloyds broker that charges me a flat £25 on the renewal, with no fees for "adjustments" I have been quoted lower elsewhere (by £50-£100 on a £900 premium) BUT, I know I can call up the office, speak to the same person and have what I want done there and then. This for me is worth the small "fee" associated with using a broker.

Mike
Doesn't your insurer give you direct access to MID to add/delete vehicles yourself? Most do these days, its quicker/easier for you and you know its actually been done and you have live access to check things for yourself. Its also cheaper for them in terms of resource to admin it all.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:21 am

MACK wrote:
Doesn't your insurer give you direct access to MID to add/delete vehicles yourself? Most do these days, its quicker/easier for you and you know its actually been done and you have live access to check things for yourself. Its also cheaper for them in terms of resource to admin it all.
Yes, I do it from my phone.

Mike

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am

Ducklakeview wrote:
MACK wrote:
Yes, I do it from my phone.

Mike
Makes things much easier and you know its definitely done. The number of times I had to chase brokers in the old system where you would either have to email/phone them (depending on the insurance company) repeatedly, a massive PIA!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

ChrisKnottIns

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:58 am

It's fairly common for Fleet Insurance but I haven't come across this for car insurance before. Who's the insurer I wonder?

best,
Nick