Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Point-friendly insurers?

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
PGardner93

Point-friendly insurers?

Post by PGardner93 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi all,

It's that time of year again, the insurance renewal is rapidly approaching, but this year it is going to be more of a headache than ever before, brilliant!

I picked up 6 points this year, and I am going to struggle getting decent quotes, but I've heard of some insurers that are lenient if you've got points from a single offence - just wondering if anyone on here can point me in the right direction? Who was competitive when you collected points?

Before anyone asks, no I can't go with Chris Knott as I'm only 22 and therefore I am still yet to receive the magic box of driving skills that shows up on my doorstep on midnight of my 25th birthday - shame, really.

All feedback appreciated, unless you're going to lecture me about speeding, I've genuinely learnt my lesson.

Flyingfifer

Point-friendly insurers?

Post by Flyingfifer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:32 pm

PGardner93 wrote:Hi all,

It's that time of year again, the insurance renewal is rapidly approaching, but this year it is going to be more of a headache than ever before, brilliant!

I picked up 6 points this year, and I am going to struggle getting decent quotes, but I've heard of some insurers that are lenient if you've got points from a single offence - just wondering if anyone on here can point me in the right direction? Who was competitive when you collected points?

Before anyone asks, no I can't go with Chris Knott as I'm only 22 and therefore I am still yet to receive the magic box of driving skills that shows up on my doorstep on midnight of my 25th birthday - shame, really.

All feedback appreciated, unless you're going to lecture me about speeding, I've genuinely learnt my lesson.
I cant really say which insurer would be ok with points, but the best thing to do would likely be fire your particulars into a comparison site and see what you get back.

In terms of your speeding... stop getting caught for goodness sake :rofl:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Mark555

Point-friendly insurers?

Post by Mark555 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:25 am

Speed at night when they can't see you :roll:

srhutch

Point-friendly insurers?

Post by srhutch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:53 am

PGardner93 wrote:Hi all,

Problem is if Chris Knott and other companies let every Tom Dick and Harry in it would lead to premium rises due to the increase in accidents that would no doubt happen. I'm not with them, but can understand the restrictions.