Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car insured

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
Barrow

Car insured

Post by Barrow » Wed May 04, 2016 8:47 pm

Just got insurance with Chris Knott.
Asked for a quote, went through all the info with the operator, as it was processing she asked me if I had received any other quotes? I said yes and gave her the amount I had previously been quoted. She quoted under this, so I decided to purchase my insurance from the company. However when purchasing it I was asked to give evidence of driving license, no claims bonus and a comparison quote from another company. Is it normal for them to ask for proof of a comparison before they will approve my insurance? Doesn't seem right? What relevance dose it have for me getting approval for insurance

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Car insured

Post by mr wilks » Wed May 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Barrow wrote:Just got insurance with Chris Knott.
Asked for a quote, went through all the info with the operator, as it was processing she asked me if I had received any other quotes? I said yes and gave her the amount I had previously been quoted. She quoted under this, so I decided to purchase my insurance from the company. However when purchasing it I was asked to give evidence of driving license, no claims bonus and a comparison quote from another company. Is it normal for them to ask for proof of a comparison before they will approve my insurance? Doesn't seem right? What relevance dose it have for me getting approval for insurance
Quite simply you could have fabricated a low figure
I am always asked by CK for proof of any quote they are aiming to beat :? although i was told recently they had no legal right to do so but i have no idea if thats right or not
They did recently beat my current renewal by £8 but again asked for the proof , i really couldn't be bothered for such a small save so went with my renewal so in effect their prices may be competitive but their system has lost a client
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Barrow

Car insured

Post by Barrow » Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 pm

I wasn't asking them to match or beat a price. I was just asking for them to quote my insurance independently, even tho they asked me what other quotes I had received I just required them to offer me their best quote so that I could then make a comparison myself
Last edited by Barrow on Wed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Car insured

Post by pvr » Wed May 04, 2016 9:05 pm

mr wilks, I assume in your case you look for a company with low admin charges as you change your cars once in a while :whistle:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Car insured

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed May 04, 2016 9:43 pm

They have no legal right to require proof of a competitor's quote, what they probably want it for is so that the person who calculated the quote can use it to justify any discount given to his superior or the underwriter/insurer.

At the end of the day, they have given you a price, and if you have accepted it, they have entered into a contract. The only real way they could now increase the price is if the relevant underwriting criteria is not met, ie your licence has point you did not tell them about, or you now declare mods or prev accident history.

I was a branch manager at Endsleigh for several years, and also a technical underwriter for several insurers, back in the day :)

Mike

Confused®

Car insured

Post by Confused® » Thu May 05, 2016 5:36 am

Just tell them the quote was over the phone, as theirs was.