Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Quote (Annoyed)!

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:29 pm

M1ghty_m0use wrote: Im quite familiar with delagated authority as a
Broker (third party) your expected to work on behalf of the insurance company , but it's a bit of a contradiction to your website , when in fact the policy holder doesn't come first ,as understandably With the majority of insurance company's, but Lining your pockets does instead
Actually we're an independent intermediary (broker) so we do work on behalf of the customer, not the insurer. You're right that we have to ensure the insurer's book is not filled with risky, unprofitable business and that's why we won't chase ALL business. But that's no different objective to any other insurance provider who wants to continue trading. Where you do fit the quoting criteria we'll do our best to win your business. Surely you can see we're doing more for members than someone who simply says 'here's our quote, take it or leave it'.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

jimmybell

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by jimmybell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Surely if you work on behalf of the customer (lol, hillarious) - you'd be offering the cheapest price you can first time to the customer, rather than double it?

Frankly this is an example where you've been caught out. Your profit margins (or the underwriter's you're representing, wait, sorry - products who you're working on behalf of customers to help pick between) are 100%+. You're in an already murky world of insurance that customers have very little faith in, and you're doing very little to improve this by arguing for the broken system, that however it works, results in customers being charged double. A bit of integrity would result in a reply "yep, sorry, we should of actually chased the REAL price and quoted you that first time without you having to A. find out what the real price is via another quoting platform, and B. come here to publicly argue that point, we are sorry, here's our actual base price and we accept we may now lose your business."

Classic. Hopefully ChrisKnott pays for this forum endorsement to support forum running costs.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

M1ghty_m0use

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:
M1ghty_m0use wrote: Im quite familiar with delagated authority as a
Broker (third party) your expected to work on behalf of the insurance company , but it's a bit of a contradiction to your website , when in fact the policy holder doesn't come first ,as understandably With the majority of insurance company's, but Lining your pockets does instead
Actually we're an independent intermediary (broker) so we do work on behalf of the customer, not the insurer. You're right that we have to ensure the insurer's book is not filled with risky, unprofitable business and that's why we won't chase ALL business. But that's no different objective to any other insurance provider who wants to continue trading. Where you do fit the quoting criteria we'll do our best to win your business. Surely you can see we're doing more for members than someone who simply says 'here's our quote, take it or leave it'.
WOW what a contradiction in those two sentences !

if you were working for the customers and not the insurer because you say your independent, then you would strive To get the customer, risky or not, a policy.

so basically you pick the customers you want to work with , satisfy the insurer ( by working for them) and not ALL customers who need your help and pass through your system
Last edited by M1ghty_m0use on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:11 pm

If it was your money that had to pay for claims would you take on the stuff that was most likely to cost you? If we lose the insurers money they'll withdraw the facility - so yes we have to keep that in mind but I'm talking about the cases we CAN write, not those we wouldn't take on.

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:13 pm

jimmybell wrote:Surely if you work on behalf of the customer (lol, hillarious) - you'd be offering the cheapest price you can first time to the customer, rather than double it?

Frankly this is an example where you've been caught out. Your profit margins (or the underwriter's you're representing, wait, sorry - products who you're working on behalf of customers to help pick between) are 100%+. You're in an already murky world of insurance that customers have very little faith in, and you're doing very little to improve this by arguing for the broken system, that however it works, results in customers being charged double. A bit of integrity would result in a reply "yep, sorry, we should of actually chased the REAL price and quoted you that first time without you having to A. find out what the real price is via another quoting platform, and B. come here to publicly argue that point, we are sorry, here's our actual base price and we accept we may now lose your business."

Classic. Hopefully ChrisKnott pays for this forum endorsement to support forum running costs.
You are missing the point that no broker has access to the full market. Even if you as a driver go direct to an insurer they only have their own product and price to quote on (take it or leave it). You want us to enter your details on comparison sites, consult every direct insurer (who wouldn't talk to us anyway because they don't do business with brokers) and then see if any other broker in the country has a special scheme with an insurer that means they're the cheapest, then undercut them all to write it at the lowest possible rate. It's not a realistic expectation I'm afraid for the small amount a broker earns on a policy.

To answer your question, yes we do contribute to forum running costs and this forum performs in the Top 7 out of the 180 or so clubs and forums we work with. So we're clearly helping more members than you'd have others believe and helping members is my primary focus and why I devote so much of my time (in and out of office hours) to answering queries on forums; coming up with interesting offers/competitions; promoting our business; and generally differentiating us because I genuinely believe we are better than many others and it's not all about price.

I'd like to end this now as it's not going anywhere - can we agree on that at least?

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:26 pm

I may try CK again you might surprise me???
But i wont be holding my breath after the last few times i have tried you guys.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks Machine monkey.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by sp3ctre » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Ok, I think this thread has run its course. I am going to lock it, but before I do, in the interests of transparency (and in reply to JimmyBell), yes Chris Knott do contribute to the forum, but only on a per sign-up basis. It is not a lot, but as they say at ASDA... every little helps.

So, if nobody signs up because CK are not competitive then we get nothing at all... but that's not the case, I see the stats and I see how many people are taking policies.

Sure, CK may not be a fit for everyone, but a lot of people on here are getting some competitive quotes (myself included). If another insurer were significantly cheaper I would definitely consider swapping, but if CK are in the ball park it's definitely worth it for everything else they offer... let's face it, you only really see how insurers work for the customer when you need to claim, and that's where CK come into their own.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme