Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Quote (Annoyed)!

Sponsored by Chris Knott Insurance
cmp999

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by cmp999 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 pm

I have just been on the phone (Chris Knott) for a quote for the Z4, when I put the phone down I felt slightly annoyed. We already have a Mazda CX5 insured with you, Last year I had my Nissan 370z insured with you, so you have all our personal details.

We went over the details then I was asked, what and with who is the best quote that you have had. I said just over £302 and told her who with, the call handler came back a short while after and offered it for £300.

I'm annoyed because then she said that I would have to provide proof of that quote, where has all the trust gone! :thumbsdown:

As you already have my details, you could actually do a search yourselves if you are that bothered.

At the end of the day people shop around for the best deals, gas, electric, broadband, car and house insurance. If I go shopping at Sainsbury, M&S, Aldi or Lidl. I'm not asked to provide proof of my shopping bill and who is the cheapest, they provide a product and I make a choice.

At no time was I asked for my 2nd car discount code (683) or the forum code (Z4 866) which are supposed to offer us a better deal.

Sorry to anyone on the forum who thinks that this is a rant, it is, but I think someone from Chris Knott should explain why we are not trusted!

jimmybell

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by jimmybell » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:08 pm

I'm still firmly of the belief that someone on the forum should explain why we partner with Chris Knott at all... i think a good proportion fail to ever get a quote, never mind a competitive one.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

bmwaddict

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Pretty standard procedure with most companies, Just screenshot the quote and email it to them, as I did. I know where you're coming from but you have to look at it from their point of view, without proof everyone would say they have much lower quotes to get a better deal. I got a great quote from them, and found them a pleasure to deal with, I understand thats not everyone's experience though.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm

cmp999 wrote:I have just been on the phone (Chris Knott) for a quote for the Z4, when I put the phone down I felt slightly annoyed. We already have a Mazda CX5 insured with you, Last year I had my Nissan 370z insured with you, so you have all our personal details.

We went over the details then I was asked, what and with who is the best quote that you have had. I said just over £302 and told her who with, the call handler came back a short while after and offered it for £300.

I'm annoyed because then she said that I would have to provide proof of that quote, where has all the trust gone! :thumbsdown:

As you already have my details, you could actually do a search yourselves if you are that bothered.

At the end of the day people shop around for the best deals, gas, electric, broadband, car and house insurance. If I go shopping at Sainsbury, M&S, Aldi or Lidl. I'm not asked to provide proof of my shopping bill and who is the cheapest, they provide a product and I make a choice.

At no time was I asked for my 2nd car discount code (683) or the forum code (Z4 866) which are supposed to offer us a better deal.

Sorry to anyone on the forum who thinks that this is a rant, it is, but I think someone from Chris Knott should explain why we are not trusted!
Not defending Chris Knott per se, but if you say you have a figure of £302 and they price match to better it then it's reasonable that you provide evidence. Same process works on most high street shops and has done for years. I don't see it as a trust issue, but good business sense. Do your work, find your best quote and they better it
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

It's pretty much as bmwaddict and cj10jeeper said.

To explain better - we have access to a number of insurers but there may be other providers (especially those who quote direct and not through brokers for example) who will offer a better initial quote. Therefore, our arrangement with the insurers on our panel (because they want to win car club member business) is that they'll respond to the alternative rate if the risk and the rate stack up and if we can obtain proof that we needed to go lower. We're audited on this and have to stand up to scrutiny. So you see we're not quoting a fixed, inflexible rate every time but playing the system to try and help you get the best deal.
Chris Knott Insurance - 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477)
Club code: Z4-866
LIKE us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote:It's pretty much as bmwaddict and cj10jeeper said.

To explain better - we have access to a number of insurers but there may be other providers (especially those who quote direct and not through brokers for example) who will offer a better initial quote. Therefore, our arrangement with the insurers on our panel (because they want to win car club member business) is that they'll respond to the alternative rate if the risk and the rate stack up and if we can obtain proof that we needed to go lower. We're audited on this and have to stand up to scrutiny. So you see we're not quoting a fixed, inflexible rate every time but playing the system to try and help you get the best deal.
It does appear slightly self defeating though :? having been a long standing CK customer for over 10years ( sometimes running 3 policy's per year with CK) i also found the renewal process more than a little frustrating if not insulting after a ridiculous renewal was bettered by hundreds to be told you could then drop to a little under my best quote
At the point of beating my best price by £4 if i forwarded the proof i simply couldn't be bothered so took the already offered quote & now insure 2 of my 3 vehicles elsewhere . The 3rd is up for renewal next month so i'm braced for the same again :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

cmp999, I've just investigated further by talking to the person who did your quote.

As you're already a client she knew to automatically apply the second car discount without you needing to quote the 683 code (we give it whether you ask us for it or not when we know you're entitled to it) and you told us you'd received a marketing email - she knew we'd sent a 'second car email' in recent days. The same with the forum code - it's already on your record and is automatically applied to every subsequent policy. Admittedly, you came to us through the 350Z Forum initially so we have their code in there. I'll get that switched to Z4 Forum on your instruction - we'd always assume you came through the same club unless you specifically told us otherwise.

btw - the screen rate was £621 and we've quote £300 on the nose, with no admin fee and free legal (normally charged at £25).

A screenshot of the alternative quote, showing the vehicle details will satisfy insurers.

cmp999

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by cmp999 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Chris Knott, I don't have a problem doing a screen shot, I'm annoyed that you have to ask for it. As stated, if I change my energy provider they do not ask for proof of my previous bills.

bmwaddict stated that it is in order to give you proof! why should you need proof. You are there to provide all of us with the best quotes/deals possible, that is why people have the opportunity of shopping around.

You should put all my details in the computer, then offer the best deal to me that you can, without me having to provide proof of other companies quotes.

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I've tried to explain that the computer rate is one thing but that the offer we have is that we can respond to other quotes we don't have access to ourselves. We've saved you a meagre £2 on this occasion because of the risk - we can't justify going into the £200's - but if we could have gone below £300 we'd have gone even lower to make it more clearly worth your while. If we take on cases at a lower rate without proof we lose the scheme with the insurers we use. You could have told us you'd got £250 - it needs to be substantiated because not everyone is as honest as you.

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:27 pm

The computer's rate is often not realistic compared to what the rest of the market is doing. The computer rate was £621 in this instance but by being flexible we've been able to save you the most in the end. You might not like the method but just focus on the result - more money in your pocket :)

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:46 am

The way it looks to me is the going rate was £300 and CK was going to pocket over £320 extra.
Surely if the policy CAN cost only £300 that is what you should be quoted in the first instance instead of being robbed and only lowering the price to get the business.
You only have to assume that if the previous quote had been £405 CK would have managed to do it for £400.
Last edited by Nictrix on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

M1ghty_m0use

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 am

Nictrix wrote:The way it looks to me is the going rate was £300 and CK was going to pocket over £320 extra.
Surely if the policy CAN cost only £300 that is what you should be quoted in the first instance instead of being robbed and only lowering the price to get the business.You only have to assume that if the previous quote had been £405 CK would have managed to do it for £400.

This thread and all insurance policy's/ company's summed up in one statement ,give this man a pint :happyclap: :happyclap:

Lol yer right "sorry sir you said your best was £405 but because we take pride in customer service and the best possible prices ( NOT) in fact we can do it for a mere £300 ".

I always ring my insurance company's weather its car, house with a fake quote , sensibly about 10% less than than the quote they always match it , * without asking for proof * just a small hassle once a year all company's to save

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am

You've never heard of delegated authority then?

M1ghty_m0use

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:48 am

Taken from your website
The Chris Knott benefit

• Instant, crystal-clear quotes
• Personal contact
• Impartial advice
Your needs put first
• No hidden surprises
• All the ongoing support you need
• Highly-trained insurance experts

Our staff are not incentivised to sell. Instead we encourage them to offer top-quality personal service, sound advice and all the ongoing support you need throughout your time with us.

Your needs are put first and we’ll work hard on your behalf to find the policy that is most suitable for your requirements. We want to treat you fairly – the same way we’d expect to be treated ourselves.

To ensure that you get a crystal-clear quote (no hidden surprises) and the right price/cover combination, you should call us at renewal so our highly-trained insurance experts can help.

Simply call 0800 917 2274 (also free from mobiles) for your free, no-obligation quote.
Im quite familiar with delagated authority as a
Broker (third party) your expected to work on behalf of the insurance company , but it's a bit of a contradiction to your website , when in fact the policy holder doesn't come first ,as understandably With the majority of insurance company's, but Lining your pockets does instead

ChrisKnottIns

Quote (Annoyed)!

Post by ChrisKnottIns » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:18 pm

ChrisKnottIns wrote: To explain better - we have access to a number of insurers but there may be other providers (especially those who quote direct and not through brokers for example) who will offer a better initial quote. Therefore, our arrangement with the insurers on our panel (because they want to win car club member business) is that they'll respond to the alternative rate if the risk and the rate stack up and if we can obtain proof that we needed to go lower.
It's never our own rate that we quote. We're brokers. So, as I said, it's our job to find you the best price and that sometimes involves taking a rate reading from the companies outside our own panel and bettering their quotes. It works, you save money and we help you get there. We don't settle for 'here's our quote, take it or leave it' - if you're a club member we'll keep working to be your best option. It's what we did for cmp999.